Advertisers critical of heightened Apple privacy measures

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
If this practice carries a higher risk to see users denying their permissions, so it's not a good practice. I really find it fun when I see these guys thinking they have right to track me and my activities, and that they have the right to adopt practices intended to diminish chances to block them. All I have to say is that Apple earned back another customer with this new feature, no matter what about its new hardware. Very well done!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If this practice carries a higher risk to see users denying their permissions, so it's not a good practice. I really find it fun when I see these guys thinking they have right to track me and my activities, and that they have the right to adopt practices intended to diminish chances to block them. All I have to say is that Apple earned back another customer with this new feature, no matter what about its new hardware. Very well done!

I’ve stated for years that advertisers couldn’t care less about what the customer wants and I have no sympathy for them whatsoever. None....Nada....Zilch.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
To advertisers, why is it a problem for you that I choose not to see your ads? Why can’t I have the option to disable the viewing of ads? Some people will not disable it, but I will. Why is that a problem for you? Don’t give me that crap about it taking food off your table because you can easily go and do something else just like the rest of us can.

I don’t want to see your ads unless I want to see them, but you refuse to respect my desires to not want to see them and will do everything in your power to not allow me to have the option. Why?

Last edited:

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Why should I watch advertisements ? I don’t want to,and never in my life have I bought anything because I saw one ! In fact I resent the attempt to pressurise me into buying stuff I neither want or need. All the starving little ad execs and online shopkeepers ? Poor things ! And if advertising leads to more advertising and what is,to put it mildly, data hijacking, let’s have a lot less of it,
After all most advertising is a mild kind of fraud, leading the credulous towards the most unlikely expectations of mediocre products.
And real fraud of course, like the published figures for fuel consumption in domestic motor vehicles, known to be lies,easily disproven but somehow ignored...
No ads please, ‘cos I don’t care.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
If I am contemplating making a purchase, I will do my own research. In the meantime, I prefer not to be bothered and where I go and what I do is nobody’s business, especially advertisers!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy