• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

advantages to Gmail app

dfb8085

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Since the latest announcement from google about stopping support for exchange services even though the ones that have it can continue its use till sometime in the future. I was wondering what benefits or disadvantages using the gmail app would have over the mail app if any?

Bro-row

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Since the unfortunate news I have started using the Gmail app and "syncing" my calendar and contact data with iCloud. It works very well. The Gmail app allows you to use all or most of the features the desktop client does. The mail app does not allow you to use any features other than viewing the E-mails themselves and possibly a few other useless things. I love the Gmail app, looks and works great. The iCloud sync is native to apple devices and works flawlessly (I have been wanting to make the change for quite some time) and this was the push that I needed. I am debating as to whether or not I am going to switch to the iCloud.com email address but I have EVERYTHING tied into my gmail address and have been verry happy with ALL of Googles services.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman