Any workaround to still use G Earth on old iOs?

Fouti

May 13, 2020
Visit site
Google has recently decided to no longer give access to its services to the famous app Google Earth for older iOs versions [redacted] leading to many owners of old iOs devices (like me) not being able to run Google Earth on their device anymore.
I have an iPad 1 running iOs 5.1.1 and though it is ten years old and in many ways outdated, it still is really helpful to me. I use it mostly for google maps and google Earth apps. I used to prepare some maps with Google My Maps and export them in KMZ / KML file formats and open it with Google Earth.. I occasionally do deliveries to help out my company and this system used to be very efficient.
Now my question is as follows : is there a workaround to allow Google Earth to run again on my iPad ?
Thank you in advance – looking forward to read you !

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well.. I mean by 'workaround' a way that could make the app usable again.

If Google is no longer giving access to Google Earth by older/outdated devices, you will not be able to make it work on the older/outdated device.

Fouti

May 13, 2020
Visit site
What about another app other than G Earth that can import KMZ or KML data files and provide location too, and running on iOs 5.1.1. Any idea of any such app existing ?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2