• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

4s big problem - no imei - can not restore - help

bubi2505

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Ok, i have a problem... :D

iphone 4s, working ok until owner changed broken screen. Since then phone can not connect to network, wifi works, but imei is not shown in settings and modem firmware is empty.I guess baseband is broken, maybe that small baseband chip that powers it ?

Iphone could be used for wifi surfing etc but no phone calls

Then i tried to restore it and it gave me 3094 error so i tried duf mode restore and it stucks always on apple logo and progress bar at cca 99% while restoring firmware.

Now it wont even boot, just lights up apple logo for few sec and then turns black.

How can i restore it? Ios 8,1 is on it and i wonder if there is any custom software which alows restore of ipsw withot flashing baseband , maybe then restore will go to the end then?

Thanks a lot

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
The device may have had more wrong with it than a bad screen... I'd refer to qualified service personnel.

bubi2505

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Ok, i managed to get this fixed

I restored iphone with predownloaded ipsw 8.1.2 (using shift+restore) and it gave me error 3 - write verify fail. It took 20 minutes before error showed, it was stuck on apple logo and progress bar up to 99%

so i found someones advice to put the phone in the freezer for 30 minutes.

i was thinking that it is BS but more i read about that more it made sense. Nand memory writtes better when cold, if overheated it fails

I took iphone, wrapped it in paper towell and took a freezer bag, normal plastik bag for freezing food and put it in and left it in freezer for 30 minutes

when it came out i imidiately pluged in cable and restored it (not from dfu) and it went great - fast and succesfull

Not everything works

i even have service once again, phone works great :D

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman