3G iphone Say WHA???

patcom8

Jun 5, 2008
Visit site
SOOo amazing story. I was in the apple store the other day just messing around on some stuff... mainly iphones... and im standing near a father and his young daughter who came in that day to buy a new iphone. He finally gets his hands on a sales rep and tells teh guy he wants an iphone. and this guy looks at him very blankly and says, we dont have any. And the guy is like HOW COULD YOU NOT HAVE ANY BLAH BLAH BLAH. and the guy explains that there is a new iphone coming out and this guy gets sooo confused, finally the sales rep points to the GIANT iphone sign that says 3G IPHONE JULY 11th. and this guy is like WHAT i want one now, i came here with my daughter to get an iphone and i don?t want some new fancy one i just want the old one. makes a big deal, and then storms out. Daughter starts to complain and insist that she gets an iphone. He comes back in 2 min later and whispers to the guy asking if they had any in the back and he would give him a little extra b/c he needs this thing. the guy is like we're completely out. and they storm off again with teh daughter on his heals moaning that she was promised an iphone TODAY. haha

gotta love it when people are SOOO out of the loop. :p

caseychan

Feb 27, 2008
Visit site
Haha!

I always forget that not everybody is aware of the blogosphere and that some people are still living like its 1999. Maybe, it's better being ignorant like that.

WatersWest

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
Kinda reminds me of what happened in January. My wife had bought me an iPod Touch for X-mas (I ended up taking it back after a month or so in order to hold out for iPhone 3G). Anyway, people who saw it had NO CLUE what it was. What's that? I was often asked. Even when I said "It's an iPod Touch" most people had never heard of it and had no clue what it was. I'm still not sure how that was possible, but it was.

IrishJK09

May 30, 2008
Visit site
About a week or so ago I was doing the Saturday mall thing with my wife and kid, so I slipped away into the Apple store as I usually do. There I was, playing around with the iPhones and loading all of them to The iPhone Blog when these three kids (19-20ish) walk over and grab one. What follows is the basic transcript of the conversation they had amongst themselves:

Kid1: What is the difference between this and the Touch?
Kid2: This one makes phone calls.
Kid1: That it?
Kid2: Yeah, that's it. They are the same thing besides that, why don't you just buy this instead?
Kid3: Yeah, just get the phone so you can make phone calls and stuff when you want. It also has a camera.
Kid1: Does the camera zoom?
Kid2: Yeah, definitely. <checks> No, I can't find it, but I know it does.
Kid3: It does, I guarantee it.
Kid1: Ok... What do you mean it's a phone?
Kid2: It makes calls, you know, a phone.
Kid1: How does it work, you just call people?
Kid2: Yeah, you can make free calls or something.
Kid3: It's really cool, you get all the iPod Touch stuff and a phone.
Kid2: Just get the phone, it's like the same price and you get more.
Kid1: I guess I will... What's sms?
Kid 2: Text messaging.
Kid1: Can it send pictures?
Kid2: Yeah.
Kid3: Yeah.
Kid1: Ok, I guess I will get the phone...

They had no idea it was a regular cellphone and needed a plan, they knew nothing about its functionality, they didn't know it needed to be activated to be used, they basically didn't know anything. Them not knowing isn't the big deal though. The fact that kid 2 and 3 thought they knew and were so sure they were right was downright hilarious.

I just kind of stood there and bit my lip trying not to laugh. I wanted to correct them, but they had that know-it-all teenager vibe going on, so I let it be.

Last edited:

Kupe#WP

Jul 28, 2000
Visit site
The local Apple store still has 9 first gen iPhone demos on display, but has none for sale. I can see where the uninitiated might be confused by a pile of phones to play with, but no actual product to be found.

alex.stef

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
this stories are incredible. you would think they're not even true.
and those teenagers to not even know the elementary things about the iPhone after so much publicity, it's...

rsands

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Some people are so sure of themselves: they think they know everything about Apple when they don't even know what the Macworld Expo or WWDC is! They act like they made the phone.

nathanjb

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Jeez...this is why so many people think mac users are ***holes. Let me first say I don't have an iPhone. I hope to when the 3G gets here (my wife also) but go back and read the post in this topic and try to tell me there isn't some snobbery going on. Instead of hatin, beguile them with charm and bring them over. By the way, I'm a Windows user (Oh the humanity!) that appreciates what Apple brings to the market.

patcom8

Jun 5, 2008
Visit site
dude i am by no means a Mac user. i have only pc's, and have owned 1 ipod and have had numerous blackberries. Its not being an ***hole either when you point out people who are completely clueless. if you open an internet browser you see that theres a new iphone coming out, it doesn?t take a fanatic to know about the new iphone by any means, and also THE GIANT SIGN that says 3G iphone coming July 11th. i was more saying that people are just so out of it and dont have any idea what their buying anymore. That and some parents spoil their children rotten. Haha

No buzz kill necessary here man.

hey_WILL

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
is that a joke? it was a story. don't act like you don't like it when you know something other people don't. it was a funny story (and so was the 2nd).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artiefischel99