T-Mobile still spotty in Bucks County PA.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I've been testing T-Mobiles network all around the Philly suburbs using my iPad Air and unfortunately their network hasn't improved enough coverage wise that I would feel comfortable moving all of my wireless services to them. For some reason whenever their LTE network drops down to 1 bar I get a "network unavailable" message and am forced to wait a minute or two till my Air switches over to their 4G network at which point is ok until it finds their LTE network again. Also, one of my coworkers who did switch his cellphone service from AT&T to T-Mobile has to go outside the Hospital in order to make a call due to no signal at all within the ER. Those of us that have Verizon and AT&T have no problem at all with our service and can make and receive calls just fine. I really wish their network would improve because price wise T-Mobile is hard to beat.

Here are a few speed tests that I ran in this area. Overall I found their data speeds to be OK when I was able to stay connected to either their 4G or LTE network.

4y7uteja.jpg

5e8abu5a.jpg

u2y9y3u7.jpg

dazyte8e.jpg

Sent from my iPad Air.

Last edited:

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I hope it get's better for you as well, I switched from AT&T and for me in Phoenix T-Mobile is working very well, and my wireless bill is now $141 after tax when it was $253 with AT&T and I had less minutes with AT&T. I am a happy switcher.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Happy 4G/LTE T-Mobile customer here: left AT&T last month and now pay $30/month for unlimited data and text and 100 minutes of talk. Since my phone number is tied to Google Voice, my calls ring in the Hangouts app as VoIP calls and don't use my minutes.

Was paying about three times that with AT&T!

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
T-Mo is pretty awful up that way. I used to joke that you couldn't get a signal if you were standing under a cell tower. Lol.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
T-Mo is pretty awful up that way. I used to joke that you couldn't get a signal if you were standing under a cell tower. Lol.

There is no question. T-Mobile still needs a lot of improvement before I would even consider switching from AT&T. My bill with AT&T is less than $55/month including my unlimited data plan. So I can wait it out.

tgp

Trusted Member
Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I live in Lancaster County, PA and T-Mobile is pretty weak here. In fact, I'm in the process of moving from T-Mobile to Net10 with AT&T LTE service. T-Mobile isn't very reliable if you're not actually in town, like Lancaster or Reading.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
There is no question. T-Mobile still needs a lot of improvement before I would even consider switching from AT&T. My bill with AT&T is less than $55/month including my unlimited data plan. So I can wait it out.

Wow! That is a killer plan!!! I pay almost twice that with Verizon.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site

What plan is that? And does it include messaging?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711