For testing purposes.....

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Kinda new MacBook Pro user here. I've had my MBP for several months and starting to get accustomed to the way things work.

As part of that "getting away from that other OS" train of thought, I started using Safari almost exclusively. However, one thing I've noticed over the past few weeks, specifically to these forums, is Safari seems to be really slow here. For example, I started replying to a thread here which was about a paragraph long. When I stopped typing, the letters on the screen were only about 1/2 way through what I was typing. So I sat there for about a minute waiting for the typing to finish.

So then I decided to try the same thing in Chrome (had to install it). The first thing I noticed was how fast this site loaded and that delayed typing didn't happen.

So can someone tell me......is Safari that slow? Has anyone seen that, specifically on this site?

MBP specs below:
Screen Shot 2018-02-14 at 11.23.07 AM.png

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Do you have Ad Blockers enabled on either browser? This website CRAWLS with ads enabled for me.

Nope, no added blockers on either. However, now that you mention that, I wonder if I have a setting in Chrome from another laptop that enabled when I signed into Chrome on this laptop.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Nope, no added blockers on either. However, now that you mention that, I wonder if I have a setting in Chrome from another laptop that enabled when I signed into Chrome on this laptop.

It's possible. Extensions and add-ons in Chrome follow you with your profile. That may be something to check. I'll have to test out Safari when I get home on my MacBook. I don't use Safari.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
It's possible. Extensions and add-ons in Chrome follow you with your profile. That may be something to check. I'll have to test out Safari when I get home on my MacBook. I don't use Safari.

OK, thanks for helping. I may be getting to the point where I may go back to Chrome.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I have that issue on my MacBook if I DO NOT have an adblocker running. It’s one of the few times for me that an adblocker actually helps.

Ah, ok. Thanks for that info. So it appears I may have a setting I made in Chrome a while back that loaded on my MBP when I logged into Chrome here. So I guess I'll hang with Chrome on the MBP a wile.

Thanks everyone. Virtual drinks are on me........as long as I can pay with virtual money.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2