• errrrmmm...not sure...

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • please take part in the discussion below

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters

felface

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
This is a pretty awesome site as i think we can all agree on that also i suspect most of us like the site redesign but me included i am seeing alot of people hating the new name i think it cheesy and crappy calling this website whats it about Tipb was a nice name and it really was the no.1 blog for iPhone ipad and iPod touch there was no need to go and change it to a name isn't going down well also i'm just not feeling it

Last edited:

felface

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
yer but it would be so nice to get the name changed back we have to Rene and the others of our dislike of the new name!!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
um, it's just the internet bro. take a brisk walk or read a book, come back and see if you feel the same way

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
why is everyone taking this lying down

for one thing it's not your/our site. We as subscribers have no say so in how sites like this are ran.. we can complain all we want, and yes i hate the new iMore name, but it's up to the site owners to make whatever changes they want.

is this enough to keep me coming here? Nope.. I love this site and the people on the forums...I just wont be telling many people to "check out the iMore site.." "the what?"..."the iMore site, you know the former TiPB site.."

Batting1000

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
It's iMore... all things i - and more... iMore. It's growing on me...

Correct, but all together it just doesn't make sense. Of course we all know what it means by now, but your average user wouldn't. It's just an unneeded change. You look at all other technology websites and you know what you're getting into. Crackberry obviously means BlackBerry (it's a term most people have heard of), AndroidCentral is obvious, Engadget = gadgets, etc.

But if you took a quick look at www.imore.com, it doesn't register like it would with, say, androidcentral.com.

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
i can live with it as long as they fix the links, i'm sick of being redirected to crackberry. maybe it's a sign that i should go back to BB...hmmm

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
could you add "really don't care" to your poll- its a name of a website- It makes no difference to me what its called as long as it exists and keeps up the good work.

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
No different than YOU picking YOUR baby's name. I don't care what they call it as long as they don't go android on me! :p

Btw...I think Kevin had something to do with the re-direct issues! ;)

OutSpoken

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Correct, but all together it just doesn't make sense. Of course we all know what it means by now, but your average user wouldn't. It's just an unneeded change. You look at all other technology websites and you know what you're getting into. Crackberry obviously means BlackBerry (it's a term most people have heard of), AndroidCentral is obvious, Engadget = gadgets, etc.

But if you took a quick look at www.imore.com, it doesn't register like it would with, say, androidcentral.com.

Tbh the name Tipb isn't exactly self explanatory to the average public either. When I signed up to this site/forum a year ago, it took a couple days before i realised what Tipb stood for lol

..and to abbreviate it sounded silly too imo, is it tibby? Tippy? Tibbib? or Tipbib?

iMore IS a little meh... But again, as long as the content remains the same, im not really fussed.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm not crazy about it, but I didn't really care for TiPb either. Speaking of which, as I write this it's still listed as iPhone, iPad, iPod Forums at iMore.com > TiPb Help and Discussion Forums > TiPb Feedback > (see attached image)

My bigger issue so far is that the color scheme has changed enough so that (on my laptop anyway) it's difficult to see where the text input fields are in some of the forum reply screens.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
It makes sense to me since TiPb was named after iPhone and this site is all about Apple products.

jakeless.123

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
The imore is an adjustment for sure. But what about calling it iOS-Nation.

Thinking about the TiPb fans they are the TiPb nation. Now they are the imore nation?

What about the iTeam?! Get it? Eh..eh? :D

My backpacks got jets....