Use Siri to access system preferences

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Nah, that simply dosent work. In response to saying 'Wifi", siri says that it cannot find any wifi hotspots.

Oh your issue is not with the URL, but with Siri. Just call the contact something different, like da wireless or anything else.

docal97

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Me too, I changed it to "wireless" and it works but it doesn't take me directly to the settings

For me, the three biggest settings that I need quick access to are Bluetooth, Brightness, and Wifi. The first two work fine with the above suggestions. The Wifi shortcut, not at all.

artysx

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Make sure it is exactly as I posted it. It works fine on all my iDevices.

There is no urls for iTunes Wi-Fi Sync and Personal Hotspot? I've found "AirTraffic" and "WirelessModem" that in some variation should work, but either it doesn't work at all or I'm stupid:)

Last edited:

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
This is simply awesome! You must be an Apple Genius ;)

These also work as bookmarks in safari for non SIRI phones. I wonder if there's a way to add a shortcut of one right to the home screen?

Fatboy71

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Here I looked around the interwebz and got some of the common urls.

Airplane Mode: prefs:root=AIRPLANE_MODE
Wi-Fi: prefs:root=WIFI
Location Services: prefs:root=LOCATION_SERVICES
Sounds: prefs:root=Sounds
Brightness: prefs:root=Brightness
Wallpaper: prefs:root=Wallpaper
General: prefs:root=General
Twitter: prefs:root=TWITTER
Phone: prefs:root=Phone
FaceTime: prefs:root=FACETIME
Safari: prefs:root=Safari
About: prefs:root=General&path=About
Usage: prefs:root=General&path=USAGE
Siri: prefs:root=General&path=Assistant
Network: prefs:root=General&path=Network
Bluetooth: prefs:root=General&path=Bluetooth
Auto-Lock: prefs:root=General&path=AUTOLOCK
Date & Time: prefs:root=General&path=DATE_AND_TIME
Keyboard: prefs:root=General&path=Keyboard
International: prefs:root=General&path=INTERNATIONAL
Accessibility: prefs:root=General&path=ACCESSIBILITY
Reset: prefs:root=General&path=Reset
Notifications: prefs:root=NOTIFICATIONS_ID

Thanks for this. I'm having problems with the About shortcut.

I have followed the instructions but when I say About to Siri, he says 'sorry I don't understand about'.

But when I go into contacts and touch the shortcut that is in the home page field, it takes me to the About section of my iPhone no problem.

What am I doing wrong?

Last edited:

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I got Siri to be able to pull up Tapatalk, but that's the only app I have managed so far...

A guy at work comes up to me today and says "I heard you talking to your phone about snakes yesterday..." (I was trying to get Siri to open my favorite snake forum!)

dcscott

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
For some reason I'm not able to get this to work at all. I've tried entering a variety of names. For instance I changed the name Airplane Mode to Overboard. Tired first name, last name, and both. I'm assuming the url goes in the "home page" field.

Siri continues to say "I don't know what you mean by ___". I've tried Airplane Mode, Wifi, Safari, and Bluetooth all with the same results.

What am I doing wrong?

GoalieEd

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
Could you have used google exchange instead of iCloud for the contact? I've seen strange stuff when using google sync with Siri.

I found I could launch Tomtom with tomtomhome://

Is there a way I can find the code that works when it isn't obvious from guessing the URL?

dcscott

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Could you have used google exchange instead of iCloud for the contact? I've seen strange stuff when using google sync with Siri.

How do I set an individual contact to sync with iCloud? My company has MobileIron on the phone so that my contacts, emails, and calendar will sync with our exchange server. I'd like to also set up an alias contact for myself that doesn't sync to exchange so that I could define people other than just my spouse.

GoalieEd

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm a novice here, but what I've done is enable the contacts via iCloud settings then when I enter the contact apps I get the option of picking my exchange contacts or iCloud contacts or a combined list. I pick the iCloud one and then press "new contact" and enter.

GoalieEd

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
Using the iCloud contact I've been able to add my brother/father and so on.

Do a search for Siri google contacts and there will be a link for a workaround.

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
For some reason I'm not able to get this to work at all. I've tried entering a variety of names. For instance I changed the name Airplane Mode to Overboard. Tired first name, last name, and both. I'm assuming the url goes in the "home page" field.

Siri continues to say "I don't know what you mean by ___". I've tried Airplane Mode, Wifi, Safari, and Bluetooth all with the same results.

What am I doing wrong?

Maybe it's how you ask Siri? In my phone, I have a contact named Airplane Mode, Airplane Mode.

What can I help you with?

Airplane Mode.

I'm sorry Nanci, I'm afraid I can't do that.

Call Airplane Mode.

I don't have a phone number for Airplane Mode Airplane Mode.

(Brings up contact info)

Contact Airplane Mode.

OK, here's that contact.

(Brings up contact info)

Launch airplane mode.

I'd like to, Nanci, but I'm not allowed to. Sorry about that.

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
New contact: Change Brightness

"Change Brightness."

I can't make changes to your contacts, Nanci. You can do it in the Contacts app, though.

(Brings up contact info for Change Brightness).

"Brightness."

Here's that contact information:

(Brings up contact info for Change Brightness).

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77