It's working ok for me now. It sucks that we don't get anything location based in Canada yet (weather, restaurant search, cab search, etc). Anything that requires Siri to search based on locality, you get the "I'm sorry, I am unable to search for that in Canada".

That kills 50% of Siri's usefulness. Boooo
    10-14-2011 11:45 PM
    My wife and I are both on our new iPhone 4S in the same house standing next to each other. Siri is working every time for me, I'm not seeing any issue. When my wife tries Siri or I try Siri on her iPhone 4S, Siri says "Having trouble connecting to Network". When she uses my iPhone 4S it works. So doesn't seem to be a connection issue, or a heavy usage issue.
    This is my exact same problem. My wife's Siri works well and mine sucks!!!
    10-15-2011 12:33 AM
    If there is any voice customization for Siri, I haven't found it yet. It would be really cool to give her an "alternate voice". That would be entertaining. Especially if I can get her to say:

"I'm sorry Dave. I can't let you do that". .... LOL!!!
    10-15-2011 12:42 AM
    Siri.....

this b**ch takes forever to respond to a question........

Apparently the keynote was scripted.
    10-15-2011 12:55 AM
    The only problem I have with Siri - or the one thing I haven't learned yet - is how to get her to end sentences in a text. Siri must have a thing against punctuation.
    In order to have correct punctuation when using Siri or the voice activated text you have to say the punctuation as well. For example: "Hey guys comma this is my new number period" will come out to "Hey guys, this is my new number."
    fridayxiii likes this.
    10-15-2011 01:09 AM
    Just pause, and say "period" or "question mark" after the sentence.
    10-15-2011 01:42 AM
    Heres my Siri's funnies... She does not like to show off when i try to demonstrate for others!!!!
    Attachment 10722
    Attachment 10723
    Attachment 10724
    10-15-2011 02:04 AM
    ok so heres a question...under the Siri setting it says you can activate it through holding the home button down or raise the phone to your ear and speak.....i have tried that and its not doing anything. Does anyone know how to do this?
    10-15-2011 06:19 AM
    ok so heres a question...under the Siri setting it says you can activate it through holding the home button down or raise the phone to your ear and speak.....i have tried that and its not doing anything. Does anyone know how to do this?
    I'm sure you turned siri on but it works if your home screen is up and then hold phone to your ear and it will work. It won't work if your phone is on lock screen
    10-15-2011 07:47 AM
    So far I'm not impressed. I asked it to search for a restaurant numerous times and it was unable to find what I wanted. My girlfriend tried it on her Droid X once and it found what we wanted immediately. It needs some work.
    10-15-2011 08:27 AM
    About Siri...

Both my parents are blind and have bought iPhone 4Ss for Siri, as well as VoiceOver. For us, Siri is not a toy or an improvement in productivity, or a status symbol. It is the difference between being able to do certain things on a smartphone and not being able to do them. You will understand that my interest in Siri is a bit more Siri-ouse than the average person.

First, you absolutely need a rock-solid connection. I suspect many of the problems, yesterday, were from Apple's end. Time to build another data center. If they don't get on top of it in a hurry, the iPhone 4S will be the most returned iPhone.

Second, it seems Siri does not like cases or remote mics. When naked, Siri performs beautifully. (Get your minds out of the gutter). When dressed up in anything that might interfere with the mic, all bets are off. It is none too fund of my expensive Bose headset, either.

Lifting the phone to the ear does not seem to be working reliably, either. It is hit or miss. Again, it is great when it works. I suspect this can be fixed with software tweaks. Here's to hoping.

There has been much made about the fact that you cannot change the voice. This is only haft true. The iPhone ships with a ton of voices and languages installed, and Siri can use them all as near as I can tell. Here's the catch. We use VoiceOver: the built-in screen reader that most people do not know is there. I select different voices on the fly. I am not going to detail how it is done because if you do not need to use VoiceOver, you would just be confused. It changes the interface to be more accessible to blind users. Since I use both interfaces all the time, it is easy for me. If you use VoiceOver, Siri will speak with the VoiceOver preference.

That's all for now. I will check back later and add more thoughts as I have time. Enjoy.
    Joan SC and Behshad like this.
    10-15-2011 09:18 AM
    I woke up this morning with Siri on my mind. When I smiled and pressed the button I get "uh oh, there's a problem. Can you try again?" After 10 more tries...

Come on Apple, get on top of this ASAP, or like someone else said, "the IP4s will be one of the most returned phones ever"
    10-15-2011 10:51 AM
    I woke up this morning with Siri on my mind. When I smiled and pressed the button I get "uh oh, there's a problem. Can you try again?" After 10 more tries...

Come on Apple, get on top of this ASAP, or like someone else said, "the IP4s will be one of the most returned phones ever"
    Interesting. I had the opposite experience. This morning I played with Siri on my 40 minute drive to work and not once didn't it work right, unlike last night, when it worked properly like 60% of the time.
    10-15-2011 10:55 AM
    I'm sure you turned siri on but it works if your home screen is up and then hold phone to your ear and it will work. It won't work if your phone is on lock screen
    It also works if your in a text message. If you hold the phone up to your ear, Siri will beep & you can just speak your response. Then put the phone down and it will take a few seconds to pull up the text & then click send.
    10-15-2011 11:00 AM
    Has anyone discovered you can say smiley face or frowny face lol and they will show up in your text? Any other cool little things like this anybodys noticed?
    10-15-2011 01:36 PM
    Siri is horrible for me. It screws up 50% of what I say. It must be my "Canadian accent"....

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4S using Siri.
    10-15-2011 01:41 PM
    Worked great last night, no issues at all. Today has been a different story, however. Over wifi and 3G, and I've been getting the network issues all day. I actually had a legitimate question for her, too - I'm at the beach this weekend, and I wanted to know when high tide was!
    10-15-2011 02:30 PM
    I love Siri! I was an android user 2 days ago, and I always used "Google Voice" but wow, it has nothing on Siri! I also see why Apple has such die hard fans. This phone is amazing! Check out what Siri says when you ask it about woodchucks.....
    Idunnonuttin likes this.
    10-15-2011 02:40 PM
    That's weird.. It's been working better for me today than it was yesterday.
    10-15-2011 03:01 PM
    I have used it off and on all day, no issues!!

KC
    10-15-2011 03:13 PM
    it has alot of problems connecting to my network even when i am on wifi or 3g with 5 bars. i have not been able to use siri all day long today
    10-15-2011 04:14 PM
    Siri is horrible for me. It screws up 50% of what I say. It must be my "Canadian accent"....
    Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4S using Siri.
    Me too and I'm "normal" (just kidding). But it just is transhacking what I tell it A LOT of the time It had now problem with Siri Sucks though.
    10-15-2011 05:09 PM

Basically.
    10-15-2011 06:46 PM
    Siri is from galaxy.far far away.

ROSES5682 and Crystalftw like this.
    10-15-2011 06:58 PM
    Siri has been MIA for me. I keep calling for her but she takes a loooong time to respond. I had to giver her a verbal warning lol.
    10-15-2011 07:38 PM
110 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD