Getting toner level on Brother Print with Mac OS Sierra?

MikeElmendorf

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I am using a Brother HL-3070CW printer on my Mac running Mac OS Sierra 10.12.5. The printer is on my network connected to my Airport Extreme.

The printer is giving me a low black toner message. I went into the printer utility on my Mac to check the toner levels, as I assume others are likely low too, but it shows all as unknown. It does the same even if I connect the printer directly to the Mac via USB. The printer is running the latest firmware.

Any ideas out there?

Thanks.

bobsgolf

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
Genuine ink cartridge used ? Or non genuine ink cartridges used . Also what happened once you replaced the ink cartridge with genuine ink ?

MikeElmendorf

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
All genuine Brother cartridges. Just replaced the black. That message went away, but the display on the printer was telling me at first all the others were low, too (it has since stopped, although it's entirely possible).

The Mac still tell me it is unknown for all colors when I check.

When I select the printer utility, it shows the printer but tells me it is offline...but it isn't, because it prints normally and the data like blinks on the printer everytime I do anything on the Mac that would communicate with the printer in these dialogues.

MikeElmendorf

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Solved: Problem was that the printer was connected to the Airport Extreme via USB. Works fine for printing, but won't submit data back on the device. Set it up again on WLAN with WPS and the toner levels are there now.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Solved: Problem was that the printer was connected to the Airport Extreme via USB. Works fine for printing, but won't submit data back on the device. Set it up again on WLAN with WPS and the toner levels are there now.

Thanks for the update and we're glad you figured it out. Take care...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2