My MacBook Pro FaceTime Camera isn't working (but green light turns on)

PonchandJohn

May 5, 2020
Visit site
When I open an app or utility that uses the FaceTime camera (Zoom, FaceTime, Photo Booth, etc...), the green light on my computer turns on but there is no video. I've closed everything that might be using the camera in activity monitor, my software is up-to-date (Mac OS Catalina 10.14.4), I've reset the SMC and PRAM, tried entering the sudo killall VDCAssistant command in terminal, and now I'm out of ideas. Any suggestions? Thank you!

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
When I open an app or utility that uses the FaceTime camera (Zoom, FaceTime, Photo Booth, etc...), the green light on my computer turns on but there is no video. I've closed everything that might be using the camera in activity monitor, my software is up-to-date (Mac OS Catalina 10.14.4), I've reset the SMC and PRAM, tried entering the sudo killall VDCAssistant command in terminal, and now I'm out of ideas. Any suggestions? Thank you!

Hey there @PonchandJohn, and welcome to iMore.

Yes, I get the "CHiPs" reference there.

Sorry to ask the obvious, but when you are running Zoom, FaceTime, etc., do you have video enabled? Only asking as when I do the same thing but are using different video sources, my green light is still on. Also, and sorry for asking, but do you have one of those camera lens covers installed?

Sorry, had to ask.

When you get a moment, stroll on over to the new members section and introduce yourself to the community:
https://forums.imore.com/new-forums-introduce-yourself-here/
Hope this helped.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro