Split screen in El Cap?

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I have everything enabled in settings, so when I long press the green icon, my screen shrinks by half and moves to the left, no problem there.
But then I can't bring up my dock or any other app or screen so I do get a split screen but only one half is working. *grumble*
What am I doing wrong? :confused:

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
That's odd when I create a split screen I move down and my dock shows up not on one side but in the whole button area where I placed it. Try changing your docks location and see what happens.

Simeon Herbert

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I am finding that my Mac Air 2011 will not do split screen on the laptop, but will on a connected monitor. Also with the split screen running the whole machine feels very laggy!!

Is it time to upgrade?

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
My Air 2011 has no problem with split screen - so it may be a hiccup in your install - but the feature itself is poorly realized and less-than-intuitive. I had high hopes for this, but the end result encouraged me to (since the El Capitan install) buy the BetterSnapTool, which does everything Apple's should have.

Simeon Herbert

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Totally agree, I actually use the BetterTouchTool but it's probably the same as yours.

Not sure what's wrong with my install but I might take it to Apple see what they think.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77