Kernel panics and weird hang ups...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
So over the last week or so i have noticed a pretty alarming frequency of kernel panics which are causing my machine to restart...in the last 7 days it's happened probably 5 times (i have not noticed any kind of common function that causes it, nor have i experienced any issues with specific programs that i could identify...it happened while using Safari, VLC, Email and Photoshop that i remember).

Each time i read through the error report that was generated but really couldn't pick anything out of it that would key me into the issue (and i didn't think to copy and pasted it to post it here either, DOH!).

Yesterday and today i experienced some unusual hangups as well...one today within Safari (while tethered), trying to reload a previous screen and got the beach ball (only it never corrected itself and was completely bogging down the computer as a whole when trying to force quit Safari)...the other was with iTunes, when sync'ing my iPhone, the same issue happened...hung up, beach ball, let it sit for about 3-4min. and it never corrected itself, bogged down the computer big time before i was able to quit the app.

Im sure these are sporadic things that are being worked on but I never really experienced anything like this with Lion, so just wanted to spread the word and maybe get some ideas or feedback...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I have not had any kernel panics in the last week...not sure exactly why, the only thing that has updated since then is adobe (which may be the source of the issue, who knows)...but thankfully, she's been running great since i posted this.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I have not had any kernel panics in the last week...not sure exactly why, the only thing that has updated since then is adobe (which may be the source of the issue, who knows)...but thankfully, she's been running great since i posted this.

I haven't seen anything like that... at least so far... running stock 10.8 on my rMBP and 10.8.1 12B17 on wife's iMac... no issues to report...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77