Lion Love

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
There is a thread for the annoyances of Lion so ofcourse we gotta show some love. What things did you find revolutionary, game changing or just in the words of Billy Crystal Mahvellous.

Four finger swipe to switch spaces- I freaking love this, I run Windows virtually so I work in two spaces one for Mac and one for Windows. It is awesome to just swipe instead of Control + arrow to switch :D

Launchpad- My dock was unwieldily in Snow Leopard, without magnification it was the length of my screen. Now I have only the apps that I run every single day and all the others are organized in Launchpad. It saves me the Go -> Applications -> App :D

Resizing from any corner of the window - being a Windows user first this was always annoying

Maximize to fill the screen - again another thing that was available in Windows but annoyed the hell out of me on the Mac

Copying files with same name no longer replaces- Again I always preferred the Windows style of copying or moving where the folder is merged even if files within it have the same name it asks you. I found this out on Mac when I lost a folder of images the first time.

Login screen- I love the new login screen, but I think it's just because it's a change. In time I'm sure I'll grow tired of it too but I'll find a tweak to change the background. Actually I think I'll look for that today lol

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I think one of my favorite additions from Lion is something so subtle and tiny that many people won't even pay attention to it...but its the new finder's left hand column of "favorites", i mean it wasn't a monumental improvement over the folder system from before, but it makes moving files so damn easy (also makes access a little easier).

The touch pad gestures are just the bees-knees. Everything feels fluid and smooth...i honestly don't even remember what its like having to use buttons to navigate anymore, and its only been a couple of days!

iCal is refreshed, and i think i like the new visual additions (the little paper tear just gives it an element of actual desk use, which is a subtle but nice add on).

Mail is substantial...even if it is simply a reorganization on how it uses the screen...it works so much better now. The layout is ergonomic and efficient...and it seems to fetch mail A LOT faster now, which is nice.

Another thing i noticed too was how my iPhone and iPad react to the computer and iTunes now...it seems the communication between these things is lightning fast now, where before it was a bit delayed (to a point of frustration sometimes)...now it seems the computer almost has most of its language between the two items proactively ready so as soon as they are connected, the lag is almost nonexistent, like the peripheral was connected the entire time!

So far...I'm a big fan.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I love the iCal and Adressbook update, mail I haven't even looked at I might give it another chance. My iPhone and iPad are about the same but I'm running iTunes 10.5 so I'll reserve judgement till it's official. I loveeeeeee the gestures.

Holding down a key gives you accents I love the fact that holding down a key gives you accents now. I forgot to add that lol, I don't like that there's the added step of using numbers for the one you want. You should have been able to mouse over them but I'm sure that will be added in time.

Reactions: anon(4698833)

GigaS27

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Lion upgrade

I think it's a pretty cool update but nothing crazy...I think they used the wrong title ("Most advance....") for this upgrade....just my 2 cents.

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I love Safari omg. The downloads menu is awesome! And Reading List.

I also LOVE how dashboard doesn't take 3 days to open and get to a functioning mode haha. It loads instantly! Incredible.

Also -- LOVE THE NEW SCROLL! It took me a while to get adjusted, but now it feels natural and I love it.

Wish my macbook had multitouch :( it sounds so awesome!!!

hey_WILL

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
love natural scrolling. Threw me off at first, but now is great. love spaces. gestures are great, one of the best things about a mac, if you ask me.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I recently turned off the three finger upward gesture for launch pad...as i would regularly find myself lazily having an extra finger sitting on the track pad while browsing a page (and annoyingly having launch pad pop up several times)...it's been a god send. Thank god they gave the ability to disable some gestures. :)

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I also love the natural scrolling... but I use a Windows laptop for work and it aggravates me to no end that the Windows machine doesn't have it... :)

Same here although I think my brain is starting to automatically adjust, I find that I am able to scroll at work without having that "hey this is backwards." thought coming across the melon.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77