Stylus Accessory.. Yes or No?

combatdoc

Dec 13, 2008
www.ffpblog.com
I got to thinking the other day. If I had an iPad one of the things I would use it for would be as a legal pad in meetings, etc. The thing is it doesn't support "ink" as it is (or MobileMe Notes, but thats a MobileMe thing not an iPad thing).

I wouldn't think it would be that difficult to make a cheap ($50) accessory stylus that would work on capacitive touch screens. Nor would it be that hard I would think to add "ink" applications to the App Store.

On the upside, should the iPhone get the same OS Support as the iPad the same accessory would work on it if you needed such a thing on a small screen.

Anyway, would you buy such an accessory if there was the option?

Last edited:

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
Yep, I thought of this the day it was announced. If I could write on the iPad it would be even more awesome. As a math major, taking notes in class with my computer is not an option, but I hate having binders and binders full of notes. I would LOVE to take notes on the iPad and have them all stored electronically. I'm sure anyone in a science related field that deals with symbols and pictures would agree with me.

Too bad if this does become available... I will be graduating in June and it'll be too late :-/

But then I got to thinking how it would be great to teach it with occasionally. Now I would rather be up at the chalkboard/whiteboard during my lecture than at the iPad, but during the summer (and other times in the future) I will be very pregnant and want to be on my feet as little as possible. If I could use the iPad to give my lecture projected onto a screen, that would be sooo awesome.

combatdoc

Dec 13, 2008
www.ffpblog.com
I am not talking about any kind of h/w recognition, but just the ability to draw/write on the screen so you can use the "notes" as a notepad, or maybe draw a stripmap or something.

Glad to see the stylus already exists pretty cheap.

Earless Puppy

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Although I have never personally seen the need for it, there are one or two stylus pens which exist for the iPhone and are suppose to work

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
I am not talking about any kind of h/w recognition, but just the ability to draw/write on the screen so you can use the "notes" as a notepad, or maybe draw a stripmap or something.

Same here.

I basically want it to be the same result as if I spent the time to scan all my handwritten notes...

combatdoc

Dec 13, 2008
www.ffpblog.com
The thing being we need said drawing/notes app.. Preferably just enable drawing in notes as its seems to be a natural extension of the "legal pad" though process.

I know drawing apps, etc exist, but just allow it in the notepad and we have a winner. Little less conspicuous in those meetings as well.

jnickell

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Having the ability to finally replace the notebook I have to carry everywhere for notes, would make this a game changer for me.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
This is why we have the App Store, if Apple doesn't make it there are 100k+ apps. I'm sure one of them in there does this or will do it.

combatdoc

Dec 13, 2008
www.ffpblog.com
Mental Note was almost exactly what I need, except there is still no Sync with built in Notes app. If Apple would just enable "ink" in notes I'd be fine, especially on such a device like the iPad which seems built for just that.

Earless Puppy

May 6, 2009
Visit site
try note taker

you can save to your camera roll and sync that way, without a identical desktop version your notes really need to be in jpeg form and either emailed or thru the camera roll

Kainz15

Apr 13, 2009
Visit site
Personally, I wouldn't use it much/at all, but that doesn't mean I can't see any uses for it. As other people have said, it would be great for math/science classes at any level, and its always good for a product to have a full lineup of accessories.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2