iPad Mini (A1432) Black Screen and iTunes Recovery Loop, how can I fix this?

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
iPad Mini (A1432) Black Screen and iTunes Recovery Loop

Normally I am able to figure this sort of stuff out, but I am stumped here. A friend gave me her iPad Mini and said the screen stopped working and it's been charging for 48 hours. I have tried charging with 2 different cables, 2 different blocks, and 2 different outlets at several different locations. I still have a black screen.

I plugged it into my desktop and opened iTunes. iTunes says it has detected an iPad in Recovery Mode and needs to be restored. The issue... that message can be clicked through and 5 seconds later the same message appears. When I do click through that message, iTunes goes back to the default home screen.

So I would say this iPad in stuck in DFU mode, but since the screen is completely back, I can't tell what is going on.

Any thoughts on how to fix this with a software fix since the iPad is now out of warranty?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: iPad Mini (A1432) Black Screen and iTunes Recovery Loop

Normally I am able to figure this sort of stuff out, but I am stumped here. A friend gave me her iPad Mini and said the screen stopped working and it's been charging for 48 hours. I have tried charging with 2 different cables, 2 different blocks, and 2 different outlets at several different locations. I still have a black screen.

I plugged it into my desktop and opened iTunes. iTunes says it has detected an iPad in Recovery Mode and needs to be restored. The issue... that message can be clicked through and 5 seconds later the same message appears. When I do click through that message, iTunes goes back to the default home screen.

So I would say this iPad in stuck in DFU mode, but since the screen is completely back, I can't tell what is going on.

Any thoughts on how to fix this with a software fix since the iPad is now out of warranty?

If the device is in DFU mode, you can press and hold both the power and home button to reboot it. If after doing that, it doesn't reboot or show that it's rebooting then I would assume that the issue is hardware-related. In other words, the screen and/or digitizer needs replacing/repairing.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2