Unlimited Data question

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
Hello, I have unlimited data on my iPhone 5 (AT&T) and thinking about getting an iPad mini 16GB with LTE. Will this device also have unlimited and if not (which is fine) will it take away my unlimited on my iPhone plan by doing a month to month on the iPad mini.

Hope this isn't too confusing. DISCLAIMER: if so, my 18 month old was using me a trampoline while writing this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimpalmer3

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I talked with a CS rep form AT&T yesterday. They are no longer offering unlimited data plans on any devices. If you are "grandfathered" in with an unlimited plan, that will not change. If you have a "family plan" you can have up to 5 devices on the plan. This will not take away your unlimited plan on your phone. However, they seem to be really pushing the "Mobile Share" plans in which you can have up to 10 devices but they all share from one data pool, and it is NOT unlimited.

We currently already have 5 phones on our plan, two with grandfathered unlimited plans. If I end up getting an LTE iPad mini I will probably do the month-to-month plan as a separate plan from our phones. I may also be able to barter for a better deal by being free to shop around with the other providers. I think this is the best option for us.

Give CS a call and ask them some "what if" questions. I'm a firm believer that having good information leads to making better decisions!

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
I talked with a CS rep form AT&T yesterday. They are no longer offering unlimited data plans on any devices. If you are "grandfathered" in with an unlimited plan, that will not change. If you have a "family plan" you can have up to 5 devices on the plan. This will not take away your unlimited plan on your phone. However, they seem to be really pushing the "Mobile Share" plans in which you can have up to 10 devices but they all share from one data pool, and it is NOT unlimited.

We currently already have 5 phones on our plan, two with grandfathered unlimited plans. If I end up getting an LTE iPad mini I will probably do the month-to-month plan as a separate plan from our phones. I may also be able to barter for a better deal by being free to shop around with the other providers. I think this is the best option for us.

Give CS a call and ask them some "what if" questions. I'm a firm believer that having good information leads to making better decisions!

Thanks. I called CS and she actually recommended not doing a mobile share because I am grandfathered. She also said doing a month by month iPad plan won't effect my unlimited data.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77