The folks at CrackBerry have issues...

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
The folks at Crackberry are truly insane. The amount of hate that is perpetuated toward other platforms there is ridiculous. I understand being a fan, but being so blind and oblivious to the point that you lose all objectivity is something I just cannot interact with anymore. I got lit up cause I said I'm moving to an iPhone finally...even got a few "why not Droid??" responses lol

IMHO, there has ALWAYS been more hate on the Crackberry forums. I blame this on Kevin, who sets the tone for the whole thing. As bad as it has been, it has ratcheted up several notches when the BB10 delay was announced initially. Now, what are the BB fanboys going to do until Feb.2013? The iPhone5 is now out, and the Android world is being rocked by the SGS3, so what's a BB fanboy to do? The hate that they spout is jealousy, pure and simple. The once and future king, has long been dethroned, and Rim has put all their eggs into one basket( BB10 ). The hatred that these people feel, right or wrong, should be directed at RIM. The two bozos who were running that company, actually ran it into the ground. I'm far from being a genius, but i saw this coming a long time ago. When RIMM stock was greatly inflated, i sold it short at $15.00, and bought it back at $8.00( should have put in my buy back order for $7.00 ), and made a killing.

I just love the way that the BB faithful think that Rim really cares about what they say and do. LOL:p

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Crackberry needs controversy to get page hits. If not for the controversy, nobody would go there, unless they wanted to share their PIN in hopes of meeting a date.

That's what happens when a platform goes over a year with no new devices.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
It really must suck to have a device you're so bored with that you spend your time on other sites trashing the iPhone like those guys are doing...

I've been saying this since Android came out. Android users trash everyone else while bragging about their Tegra whatever quad core whatever at 1.3 or 1.2 ghz... while iPhone users continue to actually USE their phones.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site

We ARE all part of the Mobile Nations family! And besides many of us are multiple device users!

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
From the bottom of the forum pages about total membership....

From imore...

Threads: 61,435, Posts: 447,409, Members: 125,645

From CrackBerry....

Threads: 620,013, Posts: 7,260,260, Members: 3,327,109

I'm just saying! ;)

EDIT: And for comparision sake

From Android Central.......

Threads: 192,897 Posts: 2,113,252 Members: 943,763

In all fairness, only Android Central lists "active members".

Many of the Crackberry members have moved on and are no longer active. They just never deleted their accounts. I recognize a lot of the handles of former CB members on iMore, AC, and even wpcentral.

I still post there but not as much, since I no longer use BlackBerry.

I mainly joined iMore, since I really like some of the topics in the Lounge. You folks here have also been nice to me, despite the fact that I do not have an iPhone. :)

Android Central tends to be the most hostile, though. I got accused of being of troll for suggesting that a poster who had lousy coverage on Sprint switch to VZW. I didn't tell him to get an iPhone/Windows Phone/BlackBerry. Just mentioning VZW in the Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII forum got me accused of being an anti-Sprint troll.

To their credit, several posters did defend what I said.

I also explained that I do not have VZW, nor do I work for any carrier, so choice of carrier is not my "dog in the race".

Last edited:

patricksmangan

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Afaik imore is under the same company that crack berry & androidcentral are under. & they r all doing the same thing for that company, getting page views. & this is how you do it, inflammatory headlines