Did owning an iPhone make you want a Mac?

JamesC1119

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I will say that owning iPhone since the 3G has made me want to try a Mac but the cost has been what has stopped me. At the end of the day I have been happy with windows 7 so there is no need to spend the money.

zhelf

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
i have been using macs for about 7 years and bought my first iphone a black 16gb 3g in october 08 honestly for me it was the reverse using a mac made me want to try an iphone for the seamless integration

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I don't think having an iPhone really made me want a Mac...but it made me more aware of Apple computers, and made them more attractive to me.

I'm going to be buying a new laptop in couple of months, and I'm not 100% sure what I'll get. But, a new MacBook Pro is in the running for sure!:D

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
Not me. Still love my PC. Fully customized programs and it does everything I need it to do. i7-X980, 12GB pc2000 RAM, C300 256GB SSD, (5) 1.5TB HDDs in a QNAP RAID 5 array, ATI 5970, all wrapped in a whisper quiet Antec case.

For the average user, Macs are wonderful, I tell most of my friends to get a Mac. For a non photo/video editing power user or gamer, PCs are still the way to go.

But I am buying that gorgeous 27" apple display once its released :)

Rainman76

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
My Apple Journey

For the longest time, I had been a hardcore Microsoft fan. I had nothing but Windows computers and Windows Mobile Phones. I didn't want to have to do anything with Apple's products. I felt that I didn't want to fall for the "Reality Distortion Field". I admit, I was an MS fanboy and just didn't really want to open up to Apple products. But a few years ago, I had bought an iPod Photo for my wife because she wanted one while I got a Create Zen Sleek. I purchased the Zen because I could use it as a hard drive, something the iPod could not and still cannot really do out of the box. But after playing with my wife's iPod, I thought, wow, this is a pretty slick device.

Then I bought her an iPhone 3G while I had purchased a BlackBerry Bold as I had a need to get work emails and BB was the only way my company would let me connect. I thought my BlackBerry was awesome, but then I started playing with my wife's iPhone. I thought, wow, this is a pretty cool device!! So I decided I would get an iPod Touch, that way I could get some of the iPhone experience. Before you I know it, carrying a BlackBerry and an iPod Touch was not ideal to me. I loved the iPod, but I wanted the iPhone experience. So at my upgrade period on my third line, I got an iPhone 3GS!!

Then I ended up getting a 32GB Wi-Fi iPad and man, is that a great device. I love the form factor and the ability to just access the Internet and watch videos. It's perfect for lying around the couch and just using. I also get all of my magazine subscriptions on it. Just a fun device.

Then the iPhone 4 was announced and for some reason, I just had to have it. So my wife and I went to the 5th Avenue Apple Store and picked one up for each of us. I use the iPhone 4 as my personal device and my old 3GS as my work phone since my company just started allowing iPhones on the corporate network, albeit through Good Mobile Messaging.

Then I realized how tired I was of Windows and the slow computing experience I was getting. So my wonderful wife gave me the green light and I purchased a 13" MacBook Pro 2.4 Ghz yesterday. All I can say is wow!! I knew they were fast and easy to use, but not to the extent that I have been experiencing. Everything just works great out of the box. I have loaded my MacBook up with my my SlingBox, MS Office, MS Live Messenger, etc. and am loving it!! I just can't believe I waited so long to make the switch over. Maybe that Reality Distortion Field has some truth to it.

rujeffinme

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I have had each iPhone since the 3G and right after I bought my iPhone 4 my parents bought me a 27-inch iMac core i7 for my high school graduation present. Apple makes the best electronic products hands down. Love my iStuff...

culdaddy

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Curious, I read somewhere recently that Mac sales were on a high uptick, with an assumed influx of new iPhone owners adopting to Apple's style.....

So, did anyone here go from PC to Mac because of their iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad???

BTW I bought my first MacBook and My 1st iPhone on the same day......launch day of 3G

bought my iphone 4 for the wife and me. PC broke again and the wife called for a mac. Ordered online this weekend imac.

nilesh111

Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
Yes i did buy a mac coz of iphone

Yes i had fallen into apples trap and am hapy for that, i bought my macbook pro only after using iphone 3G nad 3GS and have pledged to use only apple products for the rest of my life

solius

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
Yes! lol I used to be an apple hater but Ive seen the light. Now I am praying to get enough money for my college graduation in may to buy a macbook pro for myself as a gift to me!

MarkCooz

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Yes. The first iPhone. Even now i own a White Unibody MacBook. and i love my iPhone 4 :)
it's simply amazing.
i wish i would've gotten the MBPRO

Bill77

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Had an iphone 4 since first week. Actually checked out a MacBook Pro for the first time. Nice, but I'm way too deep into Windows software unless there's a rediculous rebate for switching!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It was actually a reversal action for me...ive had macs for years, and when the iPhone was previewed, i remember going "Holy crap, a mac phone? Im in..." and so started the wonderful relationship.

morgantm89

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
I had my Macbook way before so I don't really know. I know a lot of people with iPhones and no Macs and the other way around as well.

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
i have a 15" macbook pro sitting in my "cart" in the apple store just waiting till my funds catch up with my gadget lust... in short yes im getting a mac because i have an iphone

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2