Gotta love Quibids.com

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
so yeah I won an 16GB Wifi iPad from Quibids.com. you pay for your bids and I did just that. I bought the $45 for 75 bids twice and ended up winning an iPad at $52.20 : ) I was pretty skeptical if I really won it or not. I mean I did get confirmation emails and others saying it was shipped.. Was it really coming to me? was this site really a scam? Nope! when I arrived home last friday (5/7/2010) I noticed I had a box from Fedex and as soon as I opened the box just a bit and seen the front of the ipad box covered with packing material I flipped the hell out. Oh my god ! oh my god! haha wow I mean to me the there was no way I was dropping $500 for something that doesn't have a camera or multitask, but for $142 hell yeah it's worth it.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
That's pretty sweet man. Nice grab! I just want to know how those sites can sell stuff for way below what the items cost. How do they not go out of business?

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
so yeah I won an 16GB Wifi iPad from Quibids.com. you pay for your bids and I did just that. I bought the $45 for 75 bids twice and ended up winning an iPad at $52.20 : ) I was pretty skeptical if I really won it or not. I mean I did get confirmation emails and others saying it was shipped.. Was it really coming to me? was this site really a scam? Nope! when I arrived home last friday (5/7/2010) I noticed I had a box from Fedex and as soon as I opened the box just a bit and seen the front of the ipad box covered with packing material I flipped the hell out. Oh my god ! oh my god! haha wow I mean to me the there was no way I was dropping $500 for something that doesn't have a camera or multitask, but for $142 hell yeah it's worth it.

I Need to see a receipt or something to beleive this! u have pix? :D

VLennert

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Guys, its not about what the OP paid for his. It's about what other people paid IN ADDITION to the OP. You buy bid numbers, NOT the item. If, say, 500 people are buying bids at 50.00 a pop for one item...do the math...they're making more than what Apple would charge. For the winner, its a great deal, but there are also alot of people who lost fifty bucks.

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
You are right. For me I paid $45 for 75 bids twice. I won the iPad at $52.20. When other people did lose money, but they didn't because the amount of bids you used you can discount on another iPad or a different item. So you really never lose. To the other people who asked for a receipt I can post an image of the email I got stating that I won the iPad. It's very real ha I love playing NOVA on it, anyway it's not worth 499.99 to me. It doesn't have a camera, you can't multitask and you need iTunes to set it up. What I got I paid for it was defintely worth it. I'm content with my iPad.

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Guys, its not about what the OP paid for his. It's about what other people paid IN ADDITION to the OP. You buy bid numbers, NOT the item. If, say, 500 people are buying bids at 50.00 a pop for one item...do the math...they're making more than what Apple would charge. For the winner, its a great deal, but there are also alot of people who lost fifty bucks.

He's totally correct. I use beezid.com, same concept site. I got a bid pack of 150 bids for $75. I wound up winning a Sony e-reader for like $20 and an iPod Touch for $45. They make their money in bid packs, they probably make alot too.

ScubaDude314

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Do the Math

How can you get something that costs Apple around $262.00 to manufacture for $142.00? This just doesn't make any sense.

The 16GB apple ipad retails for $499. QuiBuids charges $0.60 for each bid. Assuming the bidincrement on this item was either $0.01 or $0.02. they collected either $8,520 or $4,260 just for the bids at $0.60 a pop. That's on top of the $142.00 plus shipping the winner paid.

QuiBids will tell you that's unfair because you can apply the amount of your bids to their "buy it now" option. However most people don't and even if you do, their buy it now is MSRP (or higher) and always more than you can find the same item for on-line. You can bet QuiBids doesn't pay retail MSRP for anything so they make margin on those "buy it now" items too.

So either way, on the vast majority of items Quibids makes a killing. I'm sure the occasional item gets only one bid and they lose some money, but the cool stuff grosses them 10 to 20 times the retail value.

Does that mean you're an idot to use QuiBids. In 99% of the cases yes, but ever so often I'm sure someone gets a high dollar item for 2 or 3 bids. QuiBids doesn't care, the other 5,000+ bids on the same item more than make up for it.

What bugs me is the accounts that keep popping up that make thousands of bids a day and never seem to win anything. That just smells fishy

Espo

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Wow, I am just checking this site out for the first time. Its crazy to think about how much profit that site actually makes. For instance, I am watching an iPad, its been "ending' for the last 10 minutes, everytime someone bids the timer gets reset to 15 seconds. So 2 or more bidders can sit there for an hour bidding in $.01 increments until someone quits bidding or runs out of bids, while they just keep banking your money. As good of an idea it sounds like, you can actually buy $45 worth of bids and not even win one item. Ef that! Seems too stressful and aggregating.

Espo

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
And after watching a few other auctions, it seems like they have "bots" that bid on items JUST to make you keep bidding. In the last second of every auction you get a few people start bidding back and forth. I am sure it is real people bidding, but I just watched 3 different auctions for 3 different items in 3 different tabs, and the 2 of the same users hit 2 of the items. Kinda fishy is right.

Idelgado782

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I went to the sight once. I watched a few of the auctions and noticed the same thing. It's like the auction is never ending. Just to save time I'll buy the item full price and forget about steals like these. I don't have any type of patience for them.