Anyone still undecided on the Switch?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I know a good number of people were skeptical of the Switch after the Wii U, so now that the Switch has been out for a while and reviews are in, is anyone still undecided on the Switch? Still on the fence? I would have one myself if I could justify the cost right now.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Looks good but I can't justify the cost to just play a couple games. I'm sure we will get one but I'll give it some time. I don't get to play many games as it is. I have games from the PS3/360 generation that I never had time to play. Lol. Nintendo's consoles are more for the family though and since we skipped the U, I'll get the Switch at some point I'm sure.

Centerion

May 20, 2017
Visit site
Breath of the Wild. What more do I need to say?

. . . ??????

Seriously though, I can't believe that Snipperclips is $60... BOTW I get. A game of that magnitude in my opinion is worth $60, but not Snipperclips. I just wish that the "normal" price would be lower...

Centerion

May 20, 2017
Visit site
I have a brother who made the plunge, and while he agrees with me about prices (he only owns BOTW so far), the value he's gotten out of that is amazing! He finished the story after a month, but the huge world keeps bringing him back to find all the shrines and secrets. ... Plus it's just FUN!!! (I've gotten to play on it before!)

I have to admit, however, the best way to take the plunge and get it would be to win it in the contest that iMore is holding right now!

cam12687

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
There aren't many games that i would play right now. But there are several upcoming releases, that I would like to get one to play them at some point.

duckduckgoose

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
The limited number of games I would buy at this point makes it a no go for me. I would also like to play with one before paying to buy one.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
There aren't many games that i would play right now. But there are several upcoming releases, that I would like to get one to play them at some point.

The limited number of games I would buy at this point makes it a no go for me. I would also like to play with one before paying to buy one.

Breath of the Wild and Mario Kart 8 make it worth enough for me now. I just can’t afford it at the moment.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
That's why I'm waiting a little longer. Rather purchase the games and the console together. Who knows, there might even be a combo deal. 😃 There are always sales happening, so we just need to pick the right time.

Mario Cart & Zelda are definitely 2 of the games I have to have.

Twixman

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I share your ambivalence. I think the Switch seems like a perfect evolutionary step for Nintendo. Especially in contrast to Wii-U. At the same time I feel just like you regarding opening my wallet at this very moment. I think I'd like to wait for more games to pop up at the same time as i feel I would like to support this console right now to encourage more switch developers to make games. It's a difficult place to be when I already have plenty of other consoles, which I play on a daily basis.

mikeyllorin

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Mario Kart seems like the perfect Switch game, and Breath of the Wild might be the most unanimous “killer app” launch title I’ve ever seen.

Also WWE 2K for the Switch is huge. The announcement yesterday almost pushed me over the edge to sell my PS4 and go buy one.

paul87russell

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Still not yet sure, maybe i'll get the next iteration of the switch. saw lots of people complaining regarding the screen and the sudden failure of the units..but the games look very nice..it wouldn't hurt if i win one from imore though :)

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Was thinking about getting one but then the Atari announcement came out so I'm going back to waiting. I'm more a pc gamer anyway and play my son's PS4 when the urge hits.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Haven't gotten a Nintendo system since 2007, and have no desire to this generation either. If my kids say they want one, and the wife doesn't utilize her vetoing powers, then it might happen. But I'm sticking with PlayStation for now.

LuisFlores95

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm still not sure, i think the nintendo switch still has a small library of games, but if it gets the support of Japanese game developers (like ps4 does), they'll have my money (*-*)/

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2