Best Game Predictions Post-Zelda

jadesimian

Feb 11, 2009
Visit site
Ok, so we all know that Zelda BotW is the current darling of the Switch line-up, and will no doubt be held up as a must-have for any future Switch buyers for years to come.

But let's throw out some game predictions. Anyone got any guesses on what will be the next big thing on the Switch horizon?

I'm hoping Super Mario Odyssey is amazing.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
That's about it actually, Mario and Zelda until some other big titles make their way around to Nintendo. There will probably be another Super Smash Bros. and of course Mario Kart. I'm more hoping this is the system that gets big titles on Nintendo again. A new Metroid would be nice too.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Pokemon on a big screen...? I hope so. But I'd love to see classic Mario Kart

Yeah that would be awesome but as far as i know the Switch does not have a Sim card or cellular option so Pokémon Go wouldn't really be worth it. I would be happy with Mario Classic, that might be nice to play.

Other games like 'Minecraft' would be nice. It also has that open world feeling but there are no objectives and missions to complete like Zelda. :) It does come equipped with a Accelerometer, gyroscope so maybe games that require that would be nice.

My personal favourite would have to be "Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2" :D very nice.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
so Pokémon Go wouldn't really be worth it.

Pokémon Go is the oddity here. It's a game created by Niantic with permission basically to use the Pokémon brand from the Pokémon company. You have 27 versions of the standard issue Pokémon games from the original Gameboy up to the current 3DS, there are numerous others gameboy games, and a good number of full console Pokémon games as well starting with the original Pokémon Stadium and Pokémon Snap on N64. There are currently 87 different Pokémon games out there and only Pokémon Go isn't made directly by Nintendo for Nintendo products and of those 87 only 27 are the standard version games. Here's a list of all Pokémon games. It's about time for another console Pokémon game, or even to ability to play the standard version games on a large screen again.

jadesimian

Feb 11, 2009
Visit site
That's about it actually, Mario and Zelda until some other big titles make their way around to Nintendo. There will probably be another Super Smash Bros. and of course Mario Kart. I'm more hoping this is the system that gets big titles on Nintendo again. A new Metroid would be nice too.

I wonder why Metroid has been missing lately. With all the hype about console-exclusives, you'd think Nintendo would be leveraging every unique property it has.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I wonder why Metroid has been missing lately. With all the hype about console-exclusives, you'd think Nintendo would be leveraging every unique property it has.

You would think. When was the last Castlevania? They lost Final Fantasy years ago too. Metroid Prime and Super Smash Bros. Melee was why people bought Game Cube. Breath of the Wild is going to go strong until Mario Kart and the other new Mario come out. I miss the old goodies though.

JPatillo

Mar 15, 2017
Visit site
2 Call of Duty games on the wii u. then they started skipping wii u because of it's low power. Think we could get Call of Duty again on the switch or even another 1st person shooter of it's kind?

captainandy

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
I'm hoping for some great Mario games. Mario Galaxy was great-- Mario 3D World, also great. Mario Odyssey doesn't look all that exciting. Looks closer to that Mario game where he just watered the plants.

IvanKaramazov

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
I'm actually most excited about the potential of the Virtual Console, though things are not looking rosy so far. The idea of playing a wide range of N64 games on the go sounds great.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2