Newbie Here

HalleCat

Apr 10, 2018
Visit site
Hi All, HalleCat here.
I’m a So. CA girl that went S/W Florida girl.
I’m new to your forum and I come in search advice/information. I got the iPhone X last December and am having a bit of remorse with the it. Hoping there might be some tips or tricks with it that might help me like it more.
I have been an Apple user since the i4s, i6sP, and now X.
I was a NEXTEL Blackberry direct connect user before that until NEXTEL went down.
I was extremely bummed about that, I liked the direct connect. I’m not a “phone call” kind of peep.
I liked being able to send a alert beep, and when the person I alerted got a moment could answer me back.
So now I’m a big texter.
My very first mobile phone was the Motorola Bag Phone in 1991/92, I still have the thing lol.
Well, That’s me in a nutshell anyway 😉.

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore. You've definitely had some cool and historic phones over the years. ☺️

I hope you will like your new iPhone X. I'm sure there are many friendly folks here who will be able to help you with it.

What exactly are the problems you're having with the iPhone X?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Your iPhone X is a beautiful device (I have one myself). What issues are you having that’s causing your remorse? I’m assuming it’s the design and/or functionality of your iPhone X considering you’ve owned iPhones in the past so you’re already familiar with iOS. Anyway, we’re happy to help!

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Hey HalleCat, welcome to the show! This IS the place to learn all about any Apple device that you own.

What is causing you to have some "remorse" about the X?

Please post and any (or all) of our GREAT members will help!

Thanks for becoming part of the family!

PrincessB

Trusted Member
Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi All, HalleCat here.
I’m a So. CA girl that went S/W Florida girl.
I’m new to your forum and I come in search advice/information. I got the iPhone X last December and am having a bit of remorse with the it. Hoping there might be some tips or tricks with it that might help me like it more.
I have been an Apple user since the i4s, i6sP, and now X.
I was a NEXTEL Blackberry direct connect user before that until NEXTEL went down.
I was extremely bummed about that, I liked the direct connect. I’m not a “phone call” kind of peep.
I liked being able to send a alert beep, and when the person I alerted got a moment could answer me back.
So now I’m a big texter.
My very first mobile phone was the Motorola Bag Phone in 1991/92, I still have the thing lol.
Well, That’s me in a nutshell anyway .

Welcome to the iMore family! You will love it here since it’s everything Apple and more!

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore

Enjoy and Post Often

My first cousin was a fellow bag phone carrier.

Paid the X price for it back then

Bfalcon1

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
No I didn’t give up on Blackberry, I still have a KeyOne that I switch back and forth. I am still on the CB forums, just not as active as I used to be.

Nice! I actually got an S8 and use the BlackBerry Hub Suite. I was thinking of giving the iPhone a shot but have always been an anti Apple guy. What do think about giving apple a shot? What are the pros and cons?

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Nice! I actually got an S8 and use the BlackBerry Hub Suite. I was thinking of giving the iPhone a shot but have always been an anti Apple guy. What do think about giving apple a shot? What are the pros and cons?

I have been using iMac 27 units in my business since 2008 and I will always have a soft spot for Blackberry, I love my iPhone X and have had one since the device was officially launched.

I have always said you have to get what you feel comfortable using. I switch back and forth between my Blackberry KeyOne and my iPhone X.

I will say I lean more towards my iPhone as my daily driver because of the integration between my iPhone X and my Mac desktop which is the best in the business as far as I am concerned.

I have always liked a PKB device and I will say I loved Blackberry OS10 and would probably still be using it if they wouldn’t have moved into the Android platform.

I would go to an Apple store, or if you know someone who has the iPhone your interested in and demo one and see if you like the device and IOS. That’s what I recommend anyone doing before they jump into any platform, hope it helps.

Bfalcon1

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I have been using iMac 27 units in my business since 2008 and I will always have a soft spot for Blackberry, I love my iPhone X and have had one since the device was officially launched.

I have always said you have to get what you feel comfortable using. I switch back and forth between my Blackberry KeyOne and my iPhone X.

I will say I lean more towards my iPhone as my daily driver because of the integration between my iPhone X and my Mac desktop which is the best in the business as far as I am concerned.

I have always liked a PKB device and I will say I loved Blackberry OS10 and would probably still be using it if they wouldn’t have moved into the Android platform.

I would go to an Apple store, or if you know someone who has the iPhone your interested in and demo one and see if you like the device and IOS. That’s what I recommend anyone doing before they jump into any platform, hope it helps.

Thank you!