Hello!

iOSX

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm Sebastian, I live in the US. I've frequented this site quite a few times in the past (mainly for Apple news but also advice on buying Apple products).

My first Apple product was the 1st generation iPod Touch (A1213), which I got sometime in late 2007/early 2008. I had wanted an iPhone, but at the time my carrier didn't offer it and I refused to switch to AT&T, so I went for the iPod Touch instead.

That was my primary iDevice until August 2011, when I upgraded to the 4th generation iPod touch (A1367). A few months later (May 2012), I got my first smartphone - a low-end Android device. Unsurprisingly, it was extremely slow and buggy, and I was envious of my friends who had iPhones.

To my delight, my carrier started to offer the iPhone in April 2013 - I immediately went out and bought myself an iPhone 5 (A1428), which is still my phone. Needless to say, I was and still am extremely satisfied with my iPhone, and refuse to go back to Android or any other mobile OS for that matter. When the time comes to upgrade, my next phone will without a doubt be an iPhone.

It was during 2013 that my affinity for Apple began to develop - yes, I had had iDevices (my two iPod touches) before, but iPhone was my first Apple device that really showed me just how great Apple was.

In December 2013, I bought an iPad Air (A1474). Like my iPhone, I'm extremely satisfied and have no problems whatsoever. And with iCloud, I was and am able to keep my notes, events, reminders, contacts, and just about everything else synced across both iDevices.

On the topic of iCloud, it was with my iPad that I began to realize something - I wasn't getting the best user experience with my Windows laptop, and in general it felt out-of-place with my Apple devices. Something was missing in life, and that something was OS X. I knew I had to get a Mac.

So, not long after buying my iPad, I planned to buy a MacBook. It was this week - April 22, to be exact - that I bought the machine. My model of choice is the MacBook Pro with Retina display, 256 GB variant (A1502). And with that fateful purchase, I can now say that I'm an exclusively Apple user. Naturally, I've had a blast and a half with my MacBook so far. In fact, I used it to type this post.

Whew, that's a lot. Anyhow, I look forward to using iMore.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore, Sebastian, and thanks for introducing yourself to the iMore community...:)

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Hello! Welcome to iMore.com. As Team Leader I hope all your questions are answered in the forums. We have a tremendous user-base that is very helpful and knowledgeable. If you need anything, please reach out to me.

Thanks and again glad to have you here

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2