Hi. Sort of... A few questions...

draconianchaos

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Greetings,
this is my first thread and post at imore. I'm rather active in certain sections of Android Central and have a few questions regarding the app store and your usage of same.
1) How do you generally find new apps?
2) What is your general method of searching for apps?
3) What would your search strategy if you had to find a specific type of app while only knowing the desired function eg video editor?
Hypothetically if you had to find a robust video editing app how long do you think it would take you and where would you start your search?\
Thank you for your consideration of these queries.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Greetings,
this is my first thread and post at imore.
Greetings to you, and welcome to iMore.
I'm rather active in certain sections of Android Central and have a few questions regarding the app store and your usage of same.
I will try to help.
Hearsay, iMore Blog & other tech sites' recommendations and reviews, and browsing the App Store.
If I search, it is for something specific so I'll initiate the App Store app and perform a search with it,
3) What would your search strategy if you had to find a specific type of app while only knowing the desired function eg video editor?
Hypothetically if you had to find a robust video editing app how long do you think it would take you and where would you start your search?
I would start by researching online via a web search. I would alter the search queries to be as specific as I possibly can. After finding what I want, I'll initiate the App Store app and download it. As for how long it would take, probably less than 5 minutes.
You're very welcome.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
First I am going to give you a big hello and welcome to iMore first and foremost ok and you enjoy yourself. The rest you asked I am going to Leave that to what was already given to you by one of my partners because nobody breaks things down better than he does. You are in good hands with 'D. :)

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Greetings,
this is my first thread and post at imore. I'm rather active in certain sections of Android Central and have a few questions regarding the app store and your usage of same.
Hypothetically if you had to find a robust video editing app how long do you think it would take you and where would you start your search?\

Welcome to the forums! :)

Personally:

1) Usually either iMore or a web search. I don't browse the App store on the chance of finding something new, although I have done it on rare occasion.
2) If I am searching for an app it is because I have a specific need or want, rather than a general interest in finding new apps. To that end, my first port of call will always be a web search.
3) If I am looking for a video editor than I would use a web search (spot the theme, sorry) first, narrowing down my search criteria as much as I can and then find a site that compared the various video editor apps to see which ones were rated highly. I'd read actual user comments if I could and I would then initiate an App Store search for the top apps and see the reviews and the functionality available there. I would continually reference as many websites as I could looking for a theme amongst reviews of the apps to spot recurrent flaws or to see if it was a consistency highly rated app. It would probably take me about 30 minutes of research before I got a specific app

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I usually go into the App Store and search under "Top Charts". Though I do go find a new app when the wonderful members here mention one I'd never seen.

If I'm looking for a specific app to do a certain function, I'll usually Google it. Then go search for the ones I find in the App Store after.

Welcome to iMore and I hope you'll find all your answers. ^_^

?Sent from the colored one using Tapatalk?

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore Dracon :) there is actually a great search engine in the App Store with reviews. We also have a forum where you can post a question about an app you might be considering or looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums