What VPN server should I choose??

The_Prodigy1982

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Lately I'm beginning to worry about privacy, so I'm considering a VPN server.
(for ads/spam etc I have a few browser-plugins and of course a good AV)

Now I saw a few reviews on Google, and the following VPN servers got my attention;

• NordVPN
• VyprVPN
• ExpressVPN
• IPvanish
• Perfect Privacy

I find it rather difficult though, to make a good choice, due to the fact they all claim to be the #1 in the business, and also on their individual websites they all throw around with perfect 'customer' reviews.
(which I don't consider that serious btw, since these kind of companies are known to pay to publish positive reviews)

- Can you maybe help me with making the right choice?
Maybe you have some experience with the earlier mentioned VPN servers?

---
The criteria I find important;

1) Security (how well are you protected against IP leaks, DNS-leaks, etc)
2) Speed (how much 'damage' will the download/upload speeds get)
3) Settings (does the server have good settings, like, etc)
4) Usage (how user friendly is everything)
5) Stability (is the connection stable, without interruptions)

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I use TigerVPN - I got in on an online deal for lifetime for under $40. I've seen this advertised online since. This initially gave me access to one connection at a time and a limited number of nodes worldwide, but have expanded that slightly to 2 connections at a time thru 'Karma Points', and the location of the nodes serve me better than I need. Its also cross-platform, so I share the service between my iOS, MacOS and Android devices.

I've experienced a few crashes on startup, but largely easy to understand and initiate.
It works pretty well - the only issue (and this may be a VPN issue in general) is that if I have it active on my Mac, Gmail will not recognize the computer when syncing MacMail, nor will Dropbox 'see' my computer. No issue using either when accessed thru their websites, just natively on the Mac. No issue with either on my iOS or Android.

Contacted their Support, and this is a 'feature' of both apps apparently. Its not really a big deal for me - largely use my Mac on my (reasonably) secure home network and I'd rather have access to these apps than the VPN, while my iOS and Android devices are more likely being used in the 'wild' with open free networks.

Does it - or any VPN - actually do the things / offer the security they promise? Really no way of knowing. But its a placebo I'm willing on using.

Mella

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I know it's an old thread. But I would like to share my experience.
Now, I am using UnlimitedVPN and Windscribe, Windscribe has 10GB every month your email is verified.

rsidhaarth

Oct 2, 2017
Visit site
HideMyAss or NordVPN. HideMyAss will give you ability to switch to multiple IP and NordVPN doesn’t have that.

I use both. Both are good.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77