Need quicktime player to play more files?

C.K400

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I am new to the macbook pro but I installed OS X Yosemeti 10.3 last night. I have many movies on my external hard drive and watch almost all of them on my windows Pc. The player on the mac wont play but a few. I usually would find a codec pack for windows to help but I don't know if it's the same for apple . Can some one help me on this one. THANKS!

Also I was running 10.7.4 until last night and let me say, I do believe it runs quite a bit better with this upgrade. Until I learn how to put windows 8.1 on here I need to be able to watch a movie or 2 when I'm bored at work. But putting windows on will come real soon, like hopefully tommorow!!

C.K400

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
You could convert the movies to a format compatible with the Mac. I use Free MP4 Converter.

That would be very time consuming as I have over a hundred. They are a variety of files. Would be easier just to have one player play all the files. On my windows pc I just put the codec pack on the media player and it played them all except for the VOB files.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
That would be very time consuming as I have over a hundred. They are a variety of files. Would be easier just to have one player play all the files. On my windows pc I just put the codec pack on the media player and it played them all except for the VOB files.

Are you going to watch a hundred movies at work?

C.K400

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
LOL over time I will and I rent quite a few redbox movies also. But no not all at once. So I just google free mp4 converter and down load it on to my mac and then start converting?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I am new to the macbook pro but I installed OS X Yosemeti 10.3 last night. I have many movies on my external hard drive and watch almost all of them on my windows Pc. The player on the mac wont play but a few. I usually would find a codec pack for windows to help but I don't know if it's the same for apple . Can some one help me on this one. THANKS!

Also I was running 10.7.4 until last night and let me say, I do believe it runs quite a bit better with this upgrade. Until I learn how to put windows 8.1 on here I need to be able to watch a movie or 2 when I'm bored at work. But putting windows on will come real soon, like hopefully tommorow!!

The "go to" app for video playback on the Mac is VLC.

VideoLAN - Official Download of VLC media player for OS X

C.K400

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
That's how I roll. Why do go through the hassle when it is totally unnecessary?

It's absolutely free, so there's no risk or cost involved.

HankAZ!! You are the man, I just downloaded it and its playing all my movies!! Saweeet! That's exactly what I was looking for. Now If I can just figure out how to change the name on here so when it creates a folder to store a file in from a program it doesn't say the previous owners name even tho I completely removed them as a user?!?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2