On my mac whenever I delete files off my flash drive they appear to be gone but my computer and anyother device i plug it up to shows that files are still on there taking up space. The only way to correct this is to plug up my flashdrive to a Windows computer and format the entire drive. Is there anyone way I can avoid this problem or at least not have to run to a windows computer to fix it
    11-05-2014 08:11 PM
    How did you erase the flash drive via your Mac? Did you use the Disk Utility app? If not, use it.

1. Go to Applications - Utilities - Disk Utility
    2. Select your Flash Drive in the left column
    3. Select "Erase" at the top in the right column.
    11-06-2014 10:57 AM
    Not sure if this is an issue on the Mac, I just picked up my MacBook Pro yesterday after several years away from the platform:

Have you checked that you have emptied the Trash after deleting the files? They may be going to the Trash Bin rather than being permanently deleted, and until you click "Empty Trash" they're still technically using up that space.
    thejasonhowell likes this.
    11-07-2014 12:52 PM
    How did you erase the flash drive via your Mac? Did you use the Disk Utility app? If not, use it.

1. Go to Applications - Utilities - Disk Utility
    2. Select your Flash Drive in the left column
    3. Select "Erase" at the top in the right column.
    Im used to windows computers so I usually just delete in straight off the drive. but ill use that method and see if that works out for me thanks i new how to use the disk utility but didnt know it was required when you delete things off of a drive i assumed if it didnt appear on their that it was deleted.
    11-10-2014 01:00 PM
    Not sure if this is an issue on the Mac, I just picked up my MacBook Pro yesterday after several years away from the platform:

Have you checked that you have emptied the Trash after deleting the files? They may be going to the Trash Bin rather than being permanently deleted, and until you click "Empty Trash" they're still technically using up that space.
    nope nothing in the trash.
    11-10-2014 01:01 PM