How do I get passed the activation screen?

Chris Heck

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
need help ASAP PLEASE!!!!

ok so im not new to iphones or any ios iv been using it since ios 3.1.3 I think ... and I just spent 230 bucks to get a iPhone 5c 32 gb I think and its unlocked wich is awesome buuuut..... its got a icloud on it :( I had a iPhone 4s before and it had icloud on it too ...I was able to jailbreak without activating it and that allowed me to use I explorer to look at the root filesystem and delete the setup app so I could get to the main screen and use it as ipod or whatever (it got me passd activation) but with this 5c its unlocked and on 8.1..... stuck at activation....but whats weird is its not giving me a wifi option... so I put my Verizon sim in it and it gets full bars with LTE and after I pick language and region it asks to plug it into iTunes wich ofcourse it asks for icloud id....... please anyone if there is a way I can just get passed activation PLEASE iv been trying for 9 hours straight right now .... I tried pangu to jailbreak so I could use iexplorer like last time but pangu requires it to be passed the activation screen and make changes to the phone first wich I cant do... sorry for the story haha and the crappy spelling im just so desperate ...anyone....:( :( :( :( :( :(

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: need help ASAP PLEASE!!!!

If you're not new to iPhones, you should know they added anti-theft functionality. This uses the iCloud to prevent someone from reformatting the phone. Your best bet is to talk to whomever you bought the phone from.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

ok so im not new to iphones or any ios iv been using it since ios 3.1.3 I think ... and I just spent 230 bucks to get a iPhone 5c 32 gb I think and its unlocked wich is awesome buuuut..... its got a icloud on it :( I had a iPhone 4s before and it had icloud on it too ...I was able to jailbreak without activating it and that allowed me to use I explorer to look at the root filesystem and delete the setup app so I could get to the main screen and use it as ipod or whatever (it got me passd activation) but with this 5c its unlocked and on 8.1..... stuck at activation....but whats weird is its not giving me a wifi option... so I put my Verizon sim in it and it gets full bars with LTE and after I pick language and region it asks to plug it into iTunes wich ofcourse it asks for icloud id....... please anyone if there is a way I can just get passed activation PLEASE iv been trying for 9 hours straight right now .... I tried pangu to jailbreak so I could use iexplorer like last time but pangu requires it to be passed the activation screen and make changes to the phone first wich I cant do... sorry for the story haha and the crappy spelling im just so desperate ...anyone....:( :( :( :( :( :(

You have to contact the seller ASAP.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

Welcome to iMore Chris

As mentioned above your only option is to contact the seller they can do it remotely if needed

Chris Heck

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site

when did they add the anti theft? because like I said I have a iPhone 4s with icloud lock on It and I was able to remove it lol from the phone anyway... and was able to put my own on it ....but with ios 8.1 I can not do it:( I tried contacting the seller.... and I can get passed it on this phone too... I know I can I just need to be able to jailbreak it with it in dfu mode or recovery mode....that will give me root access with software on my computer

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
need help ASAP PLEASE!!!!

@OP Chris

Apologies for my Mispost that was directed at you I was only posting iMore policy

Correction Below

Illegal Activities - Do not post, sell, link, discuss, or request warez, serials, ROMs, UDID's or illegal copies of intellectual property of others. Discussions regarding hardware or software modifications designed to steal service, such as ESN cloning & phone programming modifications are also forbidden in the forums. Discussion regarding stolen devices is not permitted.*

Last edited:

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

when did they add the anti theft? because like I said I have a iPhone 4s with icloud lock on It and I was able to remove it lol from the phone anyway... and was able to put my own on it ....but with ios 8.1 I can not do it:( I tried contacting the seller.... and I can get passed it on this phone too... I know I can I just need to be able to jailbreak it with it in dfu mode or recovery mode....that will give me root access with software on my computer

The Activation Lock feature was added with iOS 7 - so it’s been over a year now. And as others have already stated, there is no way around it.

Chris Heck

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site

well thanks for all the input guys but what I am telling you (respectfully disagree) on ios 7 there is a easy way to get passed the activation and jailbreak within 10 min....I just can figure it out on ios 8.1..... do you guys know of any other jailbreak programs besides pangu? and I am not talking about piracy apps man im just talking about gaining root access on my phone

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

well thanks for all the input guys but what I am telling you (respectfully disagree) on ios 7 there is a easy way to get passed the activation and jailbreak within 10 min....I just can figure it out on ios 8.1..... do you guys know of any other jailbreak programs besides pangu? and I am not talking about piracy apps man im just talking about gaining root access on my phone

If you are talking about the Activation Lock that requires you to log in with your iCloud email/password, there is NO way around that.

If you’re talking about the actual iPhone activation, that’s a completely different animal.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

We are now taking a ZERO TOLERANCE to piracy discussion. Discussions regarding the pirating of video games and/or App Store apps for use on jailbroken iPhones will not and can not be tolerated. Any posts containing links and/or discussion of any pirated material will result in a immediate and permanent ban from iMore forums.
Thanks for understanding.
Do you know what pirating is? It hasn't been discussed in this thread anywhere. Trying to get around activation isn't the same as installing cracked apps. Nothing being discussed in this thread is discussing circumventing paying for any features.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

The activation on iOS7 is easy to get around if the phone isn't linked to an iCloud account. You can respectfully disagree all day long. That won't change the feature was added in iOS7.

iOS 7 released today: New features, changes, and exploring the new interface | ExtremeTech
"Find My iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch has been updated, so that it requires your Apple ID and password to turn the feature off, or to erase or activate your device." Posted Sept of 2013.

The situation you're seeing now is not the same one you were dealing with before. This wasn't a quietly released feature. It was bragged about as it is meant to devalue stolen phones.

For about the fifth time, from various people, you need to stop fighting over something you're not going to win. The solution for you is to talk to the person that sold the device to you. They need to disable the Find my iPhone feature so you can work with the phone. You've been given your answer. You can argue, calling it whatever you'd like, but that won't change the answer. 2+2 is still 4.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

Do you know what pirating is? It hasn't been discussed in this thread anywhere. Trying to get around activation isn't the same as installing cracked apps. Nothing being discussed in this thread is discussing circumventing paying for any features.

My apologies I Pasted the wrong disclaimer

Illegal Activities - Do not post, sell, link, discuss, or request warez, serials, ROMs, UDID's or illegal copies of intellectual property of others. Discussions regarding hardware or software modifications designed to steal service, such as ESN cloning & phone programming modifications are also forbidden in the forums. Discussion regarding stolen devices is not permitted.*

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

That one only applies if you make an assumption that may, or may not, be true.

Using a phone as an iPod isn't stealing service. You're assuming it's stolen. That's possible. It's just as possible the poster can solve his problem by reaching the seller.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

That one only applies if you make an assumption that may, or may not, be true.

Using a phone as an iPod isn't stealing service. You're assuming it's stolen. That's possible. It's just as possible the poster can solve his problem by reaching the seller.

He clearly stated that he removed the icloud ID on an i4s at post number 6

Regardless if it's true or not it's not permitted

I also recommended contacting the seller in my first posting in this thread

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2