Stuck in reboot loop on iPhone 4s

CameraTester

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi. I downloaded some tweaks on cydia (I have iPhone 4s on iOS 6.1 Untethered Evasi0n jailbreak), 2 of the tweaks were speed intensifier apps, one called speed intensifier addon 1.1 which uses winterboard, and then another one called accellerate. I also downloaded some other tweaks like dater, accentify, and updated bitesms.

I am now stuck in a reboot loop. I reboot, it shows the apple logo, sort of dim, then awhile later it gets brighter, then the screen cuts off and it's a darker screen and the apple logo shows up for 10 seconds and flashes every 10 seconds or so.

I can get into the file system, I've deleted the files I could find, in Mobile substrate dynamic libraries.

But I can't figure out how to boot back in the phone. Holding the volume up button worked in a different situation but it just sits and sits and doesn't do anything after 20 minutes when I do it now.

What can I do? I can get in the root of the phone and delete things.

Please help me!

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
If you can't get into Safe Mode, you might try this:

image.jpg

Hope you haven't been deleting anything important!

ridiculocity

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I had the same prob with iPad mini gave up after trying everything. Luckily it had to be replaced and my replacement was jailbreakable.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Haha, glad to help! That issue has been cropping up a bit lately, and while that solution seems to work most of the time, it's still unknown what causes the issue in the first place. (By the way, this particular issue is technically a 'respring loop'--the phone boots but crashes when trying to load Springboard.) Even Saurik was stumped.

quzle

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Thank you SO much, you saved me from having to restore to 6.1.3 and losing jailbreak forever! I can't thank you enough! ;)
For future reference, the second file I deleted wasn't .cstore***, it was *something*CSSTORE.*something*, so csStore with 2x the letter 's'.
Also, I lost all my apps (but it might have nothing to do with this, as I had tried deleting files associated with some cydia tweaks before finding this post).

ridiculocity

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.LaunchServices-045.csstore
/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installation.plist

ridiculocity

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Just an update if you have installed a tweak and then are put into the boot loop Apple logo screen dim loop and removing the 2 files I originally mentioned doesn't work you have an option.

My iPad mini just went into the dreaded boot loop after updating a Cydia tweak called Messages. I tried removing the files but no luck via ssh on my PC.

So as mentioned above you can ssh info your device using ifunbox, winscp etc

Here's what I did to sort it I went to /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries/ and delete the corresponding .plist and .dylib files.

In my case it was messages.dylib and messages.plist. Deleted these files and held down the home and sleep button then rebooted and my iPad mini was back. Then I had to load Cydia and remove the tweak from my installed list.

Hope this helps :)

SSilver99

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I have the same problem on my iphone 5 and i cannot use my iphone at all...
But i don't understand how you can see files inside the iphone? What do you using to do that?
I'm sure that i'm close to the light but still don't see it...

Thanks a lot.
Silver

Last edited:

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

I have the same problem on my iphone 5 and i cannot use my iphone at all...
But i don't understand how you can see files inside the iphone? What do you using to do that?
I'm sure that i'm close to the light but still don't see it...

Thanks a lot.
Silver

Ur questions been answered in the new thread u created

DrBIeed

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Question... If the phone is stuck in a dim bootloop and you can't get to the spring board how are you SSH'ing into it to delete these files without knowing the phones IP address?

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Question... If the phone is stuck in a dim bootloop and you can't get to the spring board how are you SSH'ing into it to delete these files without knowing the phones IP address?

Odds are they've done it before and have a rather static routing table at home.

Generally, you can look at the IP address on anything else connected to your network. The first three sets of digits won't change. x.x.x.# The last digit is usually within 10 as most home networks aren't overloaded with IPs.

You can also login to your router to see what the current connections are. Look for the one that sounds like the phone.

DrBIeed

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Actually managed to figure it out through Ifunbox... Reporting back that my phone is now working again. Saved my bacon. Thanks guys!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2