Selective Text Message Hiding App?

androidluvr2

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Are there any apps for jailbroken iPhones that will allow you to selectively hide text messages from specific contacts without it being apparent that they are hidden?

For instance, let's say I am cheating on my husband and I don't want to get a second phone because he may find it and know what was up. And if I all of a sudden lock my phone, he would find that suspicious, too.

So in this example what I would like to do is have all of my text messages appear in the regular iPhone text messages EXCEPT those from my boyfriend. I want those to be hidden by an app on my phone that I can access with a password.

I want to be able to read the texts from my boyfriend but I don't want my husband to be able to see them if he looks through my phone but I want my husband to see all of my other text messages so he won't be suspicious.

Any apps like that for jailbroken iPhones? If not there should be because clearly there would be a huge market for this functionality.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
this is your Husband third cousin on his family pet side :)

there is a thread asking a simular question and no direct answer but you would think there would be an app for that?

on webOS we had a Do Not Answer patch that I use to use and would like to see some kind of app or JB tweak

<thread bump>

androidluvr2

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
there is a thread asking a simular question and no direct answer but you would think there would be an app for that?
yeah, I thought I might try this forum since it would require a jailbreak. I was joking with the OP over there but I really do think this sort of functionality could be useful for general privacy, like in his case his mother doesn't like his girlfriend but he doesn't want her knowing that and she would be unhappy if he locked his phone and she didn't have the passcode.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
cool my same brother has the Nexus

I want to get one to port Open webOS...its in deep Alfa but useable

that runs pure android I recall?

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
It does require a jailbreak. The most prevalent app for this is iBlacklist. I believe it's $12.

It'll screen texts, calls, or both from numbers you choose.
Any screened numbers are hidden from the default text messaging app and saved in your iBlacklist history. You can opt to delete the history from iBlacklist without reading any of it or simply just never open iBlacklist and you won't see what's contained.

To avoid voicemails, I typically set calls to "Answer and Hangup"

Although, stop cheating :p

androidluvr2

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
cool my same brother has the Nexus

I want to get one to port Open webOS...its in deep Alfa but useable

that runs pure android I recall?
yes, it is pure vanilla android. On jelly bean 4.2.2, which messed up the bluetooth. Seriously. I can't believe it did, but it did. I would recommend rolling it back to 4.1.1 if you are going to use it with jelly bean.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77