Volume stops at 11 dots

sausnebb

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi

My iPhone is unable to set volume higher than 11 dots (of 16) when using headphones. I HAVE TURNED VOLUME LIMIT OFF IN SETTINGS - MUSIC. I have attached a screenshot of what happens when I try to turn up the volume. The 11th dot is yellow and the volume refuses to go up further. The text goes from saying "hodetelefoner" (headphones) to "h?yt volum" (high volume).

I have a jailbroken iPhone 4 on iOS 6.1. I believe the limit is the same as the recommended EU limit. What is strange though is that if you turn this limit on, the volume dots will be able to go all the way to the top, but this top volume is less loud. The 11th dot will not be yellow and stop there. So I suspect that this limit comes from some JB tweak or something. But in that case it's weird that the text says something in Norwegian ("h?yt volum") when the JB stuff usually is in English.

It is a brand new iPhone 4 (a replacement unit) that has just been jailbroken.

I'm really thankful for any help!!

EDIT: The problem is not the low battery, it's the same today with full battery ;)

IMG_1929.jpg

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Start by removing jailbreak tweaks one by one starting with the one most recently installed, and work back until the issue resolves itself, and you know which one does it, then don't use that tweak anymore... maybe contact the developer about the issue.

sausnebb

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
SOLVED!

That was wierd.. Sliding up the volume in the native music player did the trick... I am now able to adjust the volume to the top with the volume buttons. The last 4 dots are red btw so I guess this is the work of some cydia tweak. Never experienced this before jailbreaking (I only used the volume buttons).

Tom Andersson

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
SOLVED: I didn't have any music in the native music app so I couldn't use that to solve the issue, and it dint work in other music or video apps neither. Then I did go to youtube.com in Safari and used the volume slider to get past the "yellow dot music limit" and after that the bug was gone and I could get past it in other apps as well.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Did either of you enter safe mode to disable all tweaks and see if the issue was related to a specific tweak? Or did we only use makeshift fixes for both situations?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2