I need help please

rangerwill

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I jailbroke my iphone 4 with tethered jailbreak up dated 5.0.1 back in november i believe which worked fine I didnt mind rebooting. then sometime after christmas I untethered with corona. no problems. in october i canceled my att account i still used the iphone for internet and all of its jailbreaking features such as apps and ect. about a month ago i updated cydia. Cydia said updateds were required I updated and during the update process the phone would not reboot and got stuck on blinking apple logo. I have tried to rejailbreak update with itunes I get errors, phone got stuck in recovery mode. I downloaded tiny umbrella i believe i am getting phone in dfu mode. when i try and rejailbreak i have tried all options I select the custom ipsw i tried tether it exploits, stage 1 goes throough and stage two it never reboots. can someone please help me.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Well, from my understanding, you cannot restore the iPhone in iTunes?
Does your phone turn on?
Or is it always at the apple logo? Or the spinning logo??
Can you try to power in the phone while holding down the volume buttons??

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
It's possible that those errors are coming from tiny umbrella changing the hosts on your pc, do a google search for apple hosts, and it will tell you the correct setup for your hosts files, also how to change then if they are incorrect...
also don't put your phone into any modes until you at least restore with iTunes....
And so long as your computer can still talk to your iPhone, I'd say there's no reason to assume the worst yet...
Do you have a different computer with the latest iTunes, that you haven't done any jailbreak stuff on?

rangerwill

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
i do I have a computer with no jailbreakstuff on it. I am affraid that I have tried so many different things that I have google that i have confused myself. if I download itunes on my other computer. should I download an ipsw or just let itunes put whatever it wants on there

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
As long as you didn't do anything weird like install the iPad baseband, you should just plug into iTunes and click Update. Let iTunes do its thing and when you're done you'll have a fresh, updated iphone on 5.1.1, which you can then jb with Absinthe.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2