Complete beginner - please help!

colinmh23

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Cydia Error Message (100) ??

Every time I try to install a package in Cydia, or run updates, or try to uninstall a package, I get the immediate error message "Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (100). I then have to restart the springboard.

Therefore, Cydia is currently useless to me.

Please help a complete novice by telling me (in easy terms) what I need to do.

Many thanks!!

Colin

Last edited:

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Sounds like Cydia doesn't like something on your phone. :roll eyes: If I were you I would just "restore" my phone back through iTunes. (Basically UN-Jailbreak) Make sure everything was fine on my phone after being restored back to "stock" and then I would RE-Jailbreak.

Some bit of code may have come through bad on last JB. Who knows.:confused:

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
You need to clear a package that didn't install properly.. Through cydia, pretty much just go down your installed list and try to reinstall everything you have...
Sounds like maybe you just deleted a file in ifile, and cydia is holding into it

colinmh23

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion. Before I do that (I've got many packages installed) I notice that when I try to install/reinstall a package, when the 'confirm' box pops up, under modifications it has Install - iFile above the package to be installed/reinstalled. How can I stop it installing iFile?

Also, /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code; the directory does not seem to exist.

Thanks for your help - it's much appreciated!

Last edited:

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion. Before I do that (I've got many packages installed) I notice that when I try to install/reinstall a package, when the 'confirm' box pops up, under modifications it has Install - iFile above the package to be installed/reinstalled. How can I stop it installing iFile?

Also, /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code; the directory does not seem to exist.

Thanks for your help - it's much appreciated!

Well you can select ifile from the search section, and it might have a check, or be highlighted a certain color... Just select it again and choose modify... Then choose clear, or reinstall or remove....
It certainly seems like ifile may be your issue from your last post... Can you upload a screenshot from the "confirm" page?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77