please help new to the iproducts

phone is unlocked jailbroken and thats all i know.

Thanks.
    06-17-2012 02:45 PM
    Open cydia, search for and install Typophone 4. It's a Winterboard theme.
    06-17-2012 03:12 PM
    Warning! You're opening a can 'o worms... Once you install Winterboard your going to be hooked and really start modifying your iDevice UI.

The hotest ones right now are ayecon and Joku. If you are going to get into theming then check out: ModMyi.
    Last edited by sherlock; 06-17-2012 at 03:38 PM.
    06-17-2012 03:36 PM
    Looks like my favorite live wallpaper for android. WP Clock IIRC.
    06-19-2012 03:24 PM
    Warning! You're opening a can 'o worms... Once you install Winterboard your going to be hooked and really start modifying your iDevice UI.

The hotest ones right now are ayecon and Joku. If you are going to get into theming then check out: ModMyi.
    Ayecon ($2.99) looks nice..

Could not find Joku in Cydia though...
    06-19-2012 03:30 PM
    There's also a Typography with weather for a little added functionality!!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    06-19-2012 04:27 PM
    can anyone tell me when using this theme (Typophone 4) and native notifications on the LS appear, if it looks like a jumbled mess?
    06-19-2012 04:43 PM
    BLiNK, my JB was short lived, but one of the things I did was the Typography tweak. My notifications turned out just fine. Maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling?

06-19-2012 05:32 PM
    can anyone tell me when using this theme (Typophone 4) and native notifications on the LS appear, if it looks like a jumbled mess?
    I just downloaded the app and when I ran it, it appeared that there was still another app behind it. I doubt if this was a problem with the app as I have only been JB'd for a week or so and don't know my way around
    06-19-2012 06:47 PM
    I know what Blink is talking about, and yes it looks UGLY when you have new notifications, because they are semi transparent, so you see both the lockscreen theme and the native notifications.
    06-19-2012 07:10 PM
    This is what we're talking about:

06-19-2012 07:16 PM
    Ahhhhh I misunderstood what you meant. My notifications came up like normal (they could still be read) but they didn't look that great. I ended up disabling them.

06-19-2012 07:56 PM
    There's also a Typography with weather for a little added functionality!!

Which looks like this

I have it on my 4s.
    06-20-2012 09:45 AM
    Just got the weather version also on my 4S. Nice.
    06-23-2012 12:31 PM
    I installed this and it's pretty cool but whenever I press my sleep button there's gray, black, and white lines like someone smashed a TV then the theme will come on, so I took it off.

Sent from space using Tapatalk
    07-14-2012 10:19 AM
    I installed this and it's pretty cool but whenever I press my sleep button there's gray, black, and white lines like someone smashed a TV then the theme will come on, so I took it off.

All of my themes do this. No big deal IMO. I can wait about one to two seconds for the screen to wake up.
    07-16-2012 02:14 PM

All of my themes do this. No big deal IMO. I can wait about one to two seconds for the screen to wake up.
    It does that every time you wake your phone--not just when you respring? If so, that is definitely not normal. Might not be harmful at all, but it doesn't have to be that way.
    07-16-2012 07:37 PM
    So for everyone running typophone weather are you also running a tweak to change the "autodim" timing of lockscreen?
    Because I find that I can barely look at weather as the phone keeps dimming!!!
    Also, I am having an issue getting my own background to show up under typophone. I have wallpaper jpegifier installed... And I set the wallpaper through settings.. Anyone know what I've done wrong?
    Last edited by 3cit; 07-18-2012 at 11:57 AM.
    07-18-2012 11:39 AM
    It does that every time you wake your phone--not just when you respring? If so, that is definitely not normal. Might not be harmful at all, but it doesn't have to be that way.
    I've downloaded a few more themes from Cydia and those don't do it. It doesn't bother me to wait a second until the screen clears when I'm using one that does.
    07-18-2012 04:27 PM
    So for everyone running typophone weather are you also running a tweak to change the "autodim" timing of lockscreen?
    Because I find that I can barely look at weather as the phone keeps dimming!!!
    Also, I am having an issue getting my own background to show up under typophone. I have wallpaper jpegifier installed... And I set the wallpaper through settings.. Anyone know what I've done wrong?
    To get Wallpaper JPEGifier to work you also need to modify Typophone's css file so that it looks in the correct place for the wallpaper. Open it up in a text editing app and look for the line that starts with "background-image", then change the destination to this:

background-image:url('/var/mobile/Library/SpringBoard/Converted-LockBackground.jpg');

Basically what's happening is that the jpegifier tweak makes a new jpg for your wallpaper, but you need to tell your theme where to find it or it won't display. Changing the text mentioned above will do that. (This also assumes you're comfortable modifying a theme and loading it onto your phone manually instead of through Cydia.) The other option (much less useful) is to simply replace the wallpaper that is included with the theme--as long as you replace it with an image that uses the exact same name, the theme will then use the new image.

Hope that helps!
    07-18-2012 10:49 PM
    I got it to work, similar to what you said.
    I took the new converted image and copied it to the typophone weather theme, then changed the background.css then just to be safe I checked the style.css just to make sure it was all the same....
    I just really thought (and still do) think I had it right the first time, it just wasn't working!!!
    I also removed the "shimmering" unlock icon that is included...
    07-19-2012 12:05 AM
    I wonder if you have a different version than mine? I only have one .css file. Do you actually have two, or is one the html file?
    07-19-2012 02:14 AM
    I'm Using typophone weather

That's my edited style sheet,
    The background.css just acts as guide for the style.css because every time the style.css calls for #background it uses the info stored in background.css
    So I had to get jpegifier, and make a phot my background. Then I had to move it to the typophone weather theme, and rename it to LockBackground.jpg, THEN I had to make a copy of that and rename it LockBackground.png. THEN I had to edit the background.css to use the location "LockBackground.jpg"
    Typophone is VERY WELL WRITTEN, and will automatically call upon the
    "converted-LockBackground.jpg" via a symbolic link, so there isn't a lot of theming necessary
    Last edited by 3cit; 07-19-2012 at 02:54 PM.
    07-19-2012 02:43 PM
    How can I get this theme? I cannot find it.
    I am pretty sure someone knows its name??
    (And maybe the font as well?)

It was my font and theme before but I cannot recall its name (it's been a whiiiille)

Thank you!
    08-17-2013 12:12 AM
    How can I get this theme? I cannot find it.
    I am pretty sure someone knows its name??
    (And maybe the font as well?)

It was my font and theme before but I cannot recall its name (it's been a whiiiille)

Thank you!
    This?
    08-17-2013 12:45 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD