Hello all!

I decided to take the plunge (again) and jailbreak my iPhone... I really like the home screen shown in this post (Untethered jailbreak: iOS 5.1.1 jailbreak ready for iPhone and iPad), but I have no idea how to go about finding that. Does anyone know what the theme/mod/tweak is and how I would go about making my iPhone look like that?

Thanks for the help!!
    05-25-2012 07:45 PM
    That's the typography lock screen if I'm not mistaken.

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!
    iLive an iLife likes this.
    05-25-2012 08:00 PM
    Thanks, Laelipoo!! How would I go about making that my home screen?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    05-25-2012 08:01 PM
    Well... I'm not sure. There may be themes that do what you want (Asymmetrical HD from Dreamboard being a great example) but I have never tried to make a lock screen theme into a home screen.

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!
    05-25-2012 08:37 PM
    Sorry, I meant I want that to be my lock screen - not home screen. It's been an extremely long day. Bring on the weekend!
    05-25-2012 08:52 PM
    Easy: open cydia, search for Typophone 4, install it. If you need Winterboard it will probably install it for you. Respring and you should be good to go.
    05-25-2012 09:19 PM
    Weird, do you have anything else installed that would affect the status bar or the lockscreen? Other winterboard themes, IntelliscreenX, that sort of thing?

Are you sure it's not just that the status bar is semi-transparent, which means you can see a bit of the Typophone theme underneath it? Or if it's a big section, you might just need to install Lockscreen Clock Hide from Cydia (developer David Ashman) to hide the default clock background.

If you can, a picture would make it a lot easier to diagnose. Here's what mine looks like with Typophone and Lockscreen Clock Hide enabled. If you look at the battery percentage you'll see how the status bar is semi-transparent. Hope that helps!
    05-25-2012 11:44 PM
    Thanks, Massie. I managed to get everything set up, but I keep getting a header, this weird blue highlight effect/scrolling and the typograph kind of overlaps over my signal/carrier name/WiFi/etc.

Any idea how to fix that? I've played around with a ton of settings but nothing is working.
    05-26-2012 12:19 AM
    Odd--my reply just posted before the post I was replying to.
    05-26-2012 12:46 AM
    It's been happening in a couple other threads too
    05-26-2012 10:09 AM
    Apparently you mastered time travel! Now please warp back to last night and tell me what the Powerball numbers will be haha.

I ended up just deleting everything for the time being because I was frustrated. When I get home in a couple of hours, I'm taking another stab at it and will post pictures. I really like your lock screen, Massie. It's exactly what I want and looks great!

05-26-2012 06:32 PM
    Alright Massie, I need you to work your magic. I managed to get everything else worked out with the exception of my wallpaper. I can't get anything other than this gray background. Whenever I slide to unlock, it fades a little (not sure if that detail is important). Please advise me oh wise one!! Attachment 16138

05-26-2012 10:01 PM
    Ok, I've managed to get rid of the gray box and the fading when I unlock, but I can't get my wallpaper to show up. Any advice?

Attachment 16140

05-26-2012 10:16 PM
    Two options: you either need to manually change the wallpaper in the theme folder, or install Wallpaper JPEGifier and alter some code in the theme.

First is easier but if you want to change your wallpaper you'll have to repeat the process. Are you familiar with finding theme folders on your phone?
    05-26-2012 11:27 PM
    (Basically, using lockscreen themes of this sort means you can't change lockscreen wallpapers the usual way anymore.)
    05-26-2012 11:29 PM
    05-26-2012 11:45 PM
    here's mine.. for the day

05-27-2012 02:59 AM
    Here is mine. I've doin that if you go into settings>wallpaper and change it as well as into the photo app and change it from the picture as well and reboot it changes the pic!
    05-27-2012 03:51 AM
    Hey all! Thanks for all the advice and guidance! I managed to get my wallpaper changed just fine! I'm sure this will be getting changed regularly.

Attachment 16143

I am having one last issue. My notification center is wonky now. Basically, I want my iPhone to look like LockInfo isn't even installed (Lock Screen and Notification Center.) What settings do I have to change to fix this?

05-27-2012 07:46 AM
    If I understand correctly, you just want it to still look like the NC even though Lockinfo is installed? If so try Settings>Lockinfo>NotificationCenter>choose either Customized Center or Standard Center for a more Apple-ish look.
    If that's not what you meant I might need a picture to understand the issue.
    05-27-2012 09:14 AM
    Nope, you got it! I was going to post a picture but the NC would disappear every time I tried taking a screenshot. Thanks, Massie!

05-27-2012 11:02 AM
    No problem. Another tip for taking screenshots in situations like that is to set an Activator action to take a screenshot. I use Hold Volume Up for mine--very useful when you're trying to capture something that a Home or Sleep button press will dismiss.
    05-27-2012 12:08 PM
    Ahhhhh, that's a great idea! Thanks!!
    05-27-2012 02:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD