Can I jailbreak 5.1.1?

James4455

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
No more jailbreak for me

I finally decided to try jailbreaking my 4s. I went to ineedjailbreak.com and purchased their $24.95 solution. When I attempted to use it, I got a screen message stating that the device was not supported. I attempted to get a refund for my purchase and all my emails went unanswered.
Just my advice;:mad:don't jailbreak, it is a questionable group of people.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Sorry about your experience. Jailbreaking is 'free', once some whizz releases the software. I'd NEVER recommend paying for a
Jailbreak...

Plus I didn't think that 5.1.1 was jail broken yet.

I finally decided to try jailbreaking my 4s. I went to ineedjailbreak.com and purchased their $24.95 solution. When I attempted to use it, I got a screen message stating that the device was not supported. I attempted to get a refund for my purchase and all my emails went unanswered.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

oh damn, navi is right on both accounts. Jailbreaking software is technically "free" although it is a common courtesy to donate for each tool that is released. i'm afraid you fell for one of the biggest scams out there. might be a good idea to notify your bank or credit card co. about them to stop any future transactions

if you would like a list of hackers to follow (twitter and blogs) we can provide you with that. otherwise if you just keep an eye on any reputable site (this one is fine) they will keep you up to date. which by the way the 5.1.1 Untethered jailbreak should be released in a week or so

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site

Just on this - I went to them first, but I checked that my phone was jailbreakable first. Then I realised all the software was freely available afterwards.

Keep emailing them and you will get a reply - They are just slow.

Note you pay for a ONE TIME membership to use all there software that they have available, not a jailbreak.

I'm not sticking up for them - It's just I went there first when I needed to jailbreak, so I have a little experience.

You should be able to get a refund, but just keep trying. ;)

knd123

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Jailbreaking to unlock iPhone 4S...

I need to unlock my iPhone 4S 5.1.1 [like so many others, it's tied down by AT&Ts incredibly indecisive rules about unlocking - As I live in the UK, dealing with AT&T anymore is pretty much out of the question]. If I used the tethered jailbreak, would I then be able to unlock it and then remove the jailbreak since I just need it for the unlocking, or do I need to keep it jailbroken forever? Would everyone recommend I just wait for the exciting new untethered version that's due for release at any moment?

Hope that isn't confusing...I find I am very confused. If there are any directions someone recommends for unlocking post-jailbreak, I'd very much appreciate that as well! Thank you!

rich67

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site

That sucks, man. Remember, the first results in Google search are generally not the legit ones! Jailbreaking is not "a questionable group of people". The people who do R&D for jailbreaking are a good group of people who are trying to help the community and allow access to phones where the restrictive carriers have locked them down. The "questionable group" are the people who try to profit from people who want to hack their phones! Such as, the crooks who created the website you were drawn to.
You have to research and not just jump on the first thing you see when you search. The developers who work long hours to find exploits in the system do so on THEIR OWN TIME and don't ask for money in return! It is however, nice to donate to them if you're happy with their toil. NO ONE who is legit and offers up a Jailbreak tool will charge you! You can go to Greenpoison or Redsnow or a few others and get the tool for free and JB for free!! In the end, it helps the other dev's who create things on Cydia for users who are Jailbroken.
Next time, jump on the forums and ASK before you part with your hard-earned cash. There are plenty of people on here willing to help and offer advice when it comes to jailbreaking. But to call the people who actually put in the hours to accomplish these tasks "questionable" is kind of misleading and just plain wrong. These idiots: How to Jailbreak iPhone 3GS, Jailbreak iphone 4, jailbreak iphone 4S, 3G, 2 | Jailbreak iphone 5 TBA | Jailbreak my iPhone are the questionable ones.

rich67

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I need to unlock my iPhone 4S 5.1.1 [like so many others, it's tied down by AT&Ts incredibly indecisive rules about unlocking - As I live in the UK, dealing with AT&T anymore is pretty much out of the question]. If I used the tethered jailbreak, would I then be able to unlock it and then remove the jailbreak since I just need it for the unlocking, or do I need to keep it jailbroken forever? Would everyone recommend I just wait for the exciting new untethered version that's due for release at any moment?

Hope that isn't confusing...I find I am very confused. If there are any directions someone recommends for unlocking post-jailbreak, I'd very much appreciate that as well! Thank you!

Follow Pod2G's blog and Twitter.
pod2g's iOS blog
https://twitter.com/#!/pod2g

He has updated and true info about JB's for the various devices and OS's.
As for your questions, once it's JB'en, any changes you make to it will disapper once you un-jailbreak. I'd recommend waiting for the release of the untethered JB announced here or the other sources I posted. Right now, if you have the 4S, there is no JB available. Period. End of story. It should be here this week sometime so hang in there.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrytg4