Hide Spotlight Search, but not disable

EndlessSoul

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Hello

I'm trying to find a way to do the following:
1) hide spotlight search from springboard but not disable
2) while in springboard, single press the home button to bring up spotlight search

Quite simply, I would like to hide the Spotlight Search page (far left) from Springboard, but I still want to be able to bring it up with the single press of the home button to use it.

Any suggestions?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i know you can hide Spotlight with NoSpot

but was wondering if you can setup a gesture (Home Button) in Activator for the Spotlight feature?

EndlessSoul

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I've attempted that option, it does not work. When I use the home button to bring up Spotlight Search, it just brings up the keyboard that you would see in spotlight, nothing else. The search function does not work when this happens

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
There is another tweak that is not quite as good as no spot... No spot is perfect, and has the "bounce back" feature of reaching the end of the page... But the other one just won't let you slide left one more time... Try that tweak to see if you can hide it and still "activate" it... I'll try to remember the name
*edit
Actually no spot is the "lame" one, spot remover is the "better" option for hiding spotlight, however I can confirm that you CAN NOT activate spotlight with spot remover installed... Unless perhaps I can't because I have multiwall going as well...

Last edited:

EndlessSoul

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I tried Spot Remover. It hides Spotlight from springboard. As an alternative, I used Activator to set up a "single home button click" to bring up Spotlight - it did not work.

Still looking for suggestions/solutions.