Has anybody else had their phone lock up and then stay in boot loader? I have had this issue twice with this new jailbreak where: I hit respring with SBS and locked up the phone, and then the second time it froze on an incoming phone call but would not reboot with a soft reset.
    12-29-2011 12:14 PM
    Has anybody else had their phone lock up and then stay in boot loader? I have had this issue twice with this new jailbreak where: I hit respring with SBS and locked up the phone, and then the second time it froze on an incoming phone call but would not reboot with a soft reset.
    When I was using a beta version of biteSMS on my tethered jailbroken iphone 4 with iOS5 before I sold it, there was a bad bug where I was getting a lof SMS messages and my iphone 4 would crash and boot to safe mode. I was never able to figure it out except to remove biteSMS (program I really enjoyed using) because it was so buggy.

Did you upgrade your Mobile Substrate version yet? There's a new version of redsn0w that contains the new mobile substrate version.
    12-29-2011 02:10 PM
    Yeah I got the new update when it froze the first time. Froze again this morning after ending a phone call ... I am going back pure because it is just way too buggy. Even tethered worked better than this version of untethered.
    12-30-2011 12:21 AM
    Yeah I got the new update when it froze the first time. Froze again this morning after ending a phone call ... I am going back pure because it is just way too buggy. Even tethered worked better than this version of untethered.
    Have you uninstalled possible buggy Cydia apps/tweaks and kept it bare bones? That's always a good idea to see the offending app/tweak. If it's crashing on bare bones, then you have confirmation there that the untether for 5.0.1 is the culprit.

I read on another forum that folks who uninstalled the semi-tether had better experiences. I am not sure if you had that.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    12-30-2011 08:08 AM
    I only had barrel, sbsettings, qtwitter, five icon dock, and infini folders ... pretty basic stuff .... didn't see if bare still froze but pretty frustrating. I see there is a new release now for b3.
    12-30-2011 10:01 PM
    I only had barrel, sbsettings, qtwitter, five icon dock, and infini folders ... pretty basic stuff .... didn't see if bare still froze but pretty frustrating. I see there is a new release now for b3.
    Unfortunately, with jailbreaking, you have to approach each tweak/app with caution. When I first jailbreak my device, I add apps/ tweaks one by one and test each one before I add more. For me. it's the only way to approach troubleshooting.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    12-31-2011 12:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD