Syncing to new hard drive while preserving jailbreak for iPhone 4?

Goodwins

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I had to install a new hard drive on my laptop after the old one wouldn't boot up. I'm just wondering if there's a way I can sync my iPhone without having to restore it and thus losing the jailbreak? I'm currently running 4.2.1. What would be my best option? All I really want to do at the moment is to be able put music on it and delete some if neccesary if there's a way I can do this manually?

I've also put the old hard drive in an enclosure and I am able to access the old itunes files. If there's something I can do with them to maybe swap them with my existing ones so the phone will recognize itunes as if it were from the old hard drive?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
As far as I know, you don't have to restore to sync to a different computer?you'll just lose the music/apps that aren't on the new one. If you can put your old files on the new drive everything should be fine.

(And if you have your whole iTunes folder with the Library files, you can just add that to your new drive, then tell iTunes to use that library. Just hold Shift (Option if a Mac) when you launch iTunes and point it to the file.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Goodwins

Goodwins

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
And if you have your whole iTunes folder with the Library files, you can just add that to your new drive, then tell iTunes to use that library. Just hold Shift (Option if a Mac) when you launch iTunes and point it to the file.)

That worked an absolute treat! and I got all my play counts back as well, bonus. Thanks a lot much appreciated.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll