IOS 4.3.5 w/ Baseband 4.10.01.. Not Included ???

spanishcop

Mar 25, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys....

I'm a little bit confused and could use some assistance. I'm still fairly new at this jailbreak thing. I'm currently using tethered jailbreak with redsn0w 0.9.9b1 for my iphone 4 GSM.

Being that my baseband is 4.10.01 and does not appear to be on the list of basebands for jailbreak...... should I be updating to IOS 5 and jailbreak from there with the new untethered version that will be out soon or should I stay with the 4.3.5?

My other confusion is if I have 4.10.01 currently on 4.3.5....If I do update to IOS 5.... what will my new baseband be..... and how do I know if my new baseband for IOS 5 will be included in the new jailbreak.

I need untethered soooo bad. I hate being away from home and having a phone sometimes stuck on reboot from an app I installed and my phone be useless till i get home.

Still trying to learn more about this.... hopefully someone can lend me a hand on this.

Thanks
Mike

spanishcop

Mar 25, 2009
Visit site
My plan is to go untethered on IOS 5

Just to be on the same page...... I don't need to worry about baseband if I don't plan to unlock my iphone... when you say "unlock" your meaning as in switching carriers like t-mobile and such..... or are we talking jailbreaking the phone such as using it with like cydia apps.....

AGAIN...... Sorry... I'm green at this and still learning everything.

I do want to jailbreak my iphone.... I'm currently on a tethered jailbreak... but I need untethered. So is the baseband something I need to be concerned about?

I had heard that there will be no jailbreak for 4.3.5 and to just go ahead an update it to IOS5 and go with the new release of the jailbreak when it comes available for untethered IOS 5.

So for the time being, I've updated to IOS 5. I hope I didn't make a mistake by doing this.

My baseband now is showing..... 04.11.08 if that makes any difference.

Mike

Last edited:

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Correct, no need to worry.

Unlocking and jailbreaking are two different things, and baseband only matters for unlocking. It sounds like you just need a jailbreak.

spanishcop

Mar 25, 2009
Visit site
Thanks both of you....

Thanks to both of you for the replies.

Now I just need to do some reading up on unlocking the phone and if it is something I want to pursue or not.

For the time being, I'll be happy with the untethered option on my phone so I can enjoy freedom with my phone and not have to resort to going home and connecting to my home pc for a reboot.... sigh. Untethered just can't seem to get here soon enough.

Mike

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
4.3.5, at this time, is a tethered jailbreak. If you need untethered (and I understand if you do), wait a bit for the new untethered jailbreak for iOS 5 to come out.