Help with MMS on T-Mobile. No Data Plan

4boostin

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
Sending MMS on T-Mobile without a data plan is not working consistently. I can occasionally send a picture, but most of the time it fails.

Receiving works fine.

I've added the "Cydia Push Fix" to sources, filled in the APN with epc.tmobile.com. I've also tried wap.voicestream.com in the APN field.

Does anyone have a fix to be able to send and receive MMS on T-Mobile without a data plan?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I can't speak for T-Mobile... but on AT&T, you cannot send/receive MMS (at least not consistently) without a data plan. Voice and SMS use the 'voice' network, but MMS and data applications use the 'data' side of the network. Maybe it's the same way with T-Mobile.

4boostin

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
MMS on T-Mobile W/out DATA Solved!!

HA!! HALLELUJAH! Solved my own problem. Went to the T-Mobile website and searched for iPhone. They have the settings there. Mine were all the same except T-Mobile says to leave the MMS Proxy, MMS Max Message Size, and MMS UA Prof URL fields blank. I deleted the data from those fields and WAH LA , I've send 4 for 4 and rec'd one OK. MMS has never worked that well until now!! One pic was even sent to 5 people at once!!

Here's the setup on T-Mobiles website:

Picture messaging (MMS) setup

From the main screen, select Settings.
Select General and then Network.
Select Cellular Data Network.
NOTE: In software versions prior to 2.0, Cellular Data Network is called EDGE.
In the MMS section, enter epc.tmobile.com in the APN field.
Leave the Username and Password fields blank.
In the MMSC field, enter mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc.
Leave the MMS Proxy, MMS Max Message Size, and MMS UA Prof URL fields blank.
Press the Home button to return to the main screen.
Turn the device off and back on.
From the main screen, select Settings.
Select Messages, and then MMS.
Verify that MMS Messaging is set to On.
Test the settings by sending a picture message to your own mobile number.

NOTE: The handset must be turned off and then back on following MMS configuration. Until this is done you will not see an option to send an MMS.
Verify MMS is enabled:

Tap Settings.
Tap Messages.
Tap MMS.
Set MMS Messaging to On.

Send a picture message:

Create a new Text Message.
There will be a Camera icon on the screen.
Tap the Camera icon to add a picture to the message.

NOTE: If using a 2G iPhone with 3.0+ version firmware and the Enable MMS 2G iPhone enhancement available through Cydia, it is recommended to set both the GPRS and MMS APNs to wap.voicestream.com to prevent a failure causing deletion of the access points.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77