Crash!!

Bob_B

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Well started out with just some minor issues like apps not responding after 2 or 3 taps, then it freezing up. Tonight I deleted facebook to reinstall it, Rebooted the phone and it locked up. Followed directions to get it out...and nothing. It went to the screen like its brand new, USB cable pointing to itunes. So I went ahead and updated to 4.2.9 VZW. Is there a jailbreak out to use? I like greenpoisons stuff but can't find anything. Jailbreakme doesn't want to recognize my software.

Can I revert back to 4.2.6? Or an i just F'd?

Thanks
Bob iPhone 4

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Well started out with just some minor issues like apps not responding after 2 or 3 taps, then it freezing up. Tonight I deleted facebook to reinstall it, Rebooted the phone and it locked up. Followed directions to get it out...and nothing. It went to the screen like its brand new, USB cable pointing to itunes. So I went ahead and updated to 4.2.9 VZW. Is there a jailbreak out to use? I like greenpoisons stuff but can't find anything. Jailbreakme doesn't want to recognize my software.

Can I revert back to 4.2.6? Or an i just F'd?

Thanks
Bob iPhone 4

I'm going with "F'd". If you don't have your blobs, not much you can do. There is a tethered JB floating around out there somewhere, but for my money, tethered JB is just not worth the effort.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
UUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..........This sucks. Um what are blobs? Maybe its time to jump to iOS 5.

Signing is Apple's way of authorizing your device and activating it to work. Technically, it checks to see if it's a valid installation. Typically, after Apple updates the iOS version, they stop "signing" the older versions within a day or two. Once they stop, you cannot go back without having already been there and having saved your "blobs" - the actual activation signature for the iOS version. There are programs to that allow you to save the "blobs" and go back afterwards... But once you have left a version of iOS that Apple is no longer signing, you cannot go back and save the blobs... at that point, you only option is to load the current version of iOS and use whatever JB method is available (if any) or go "TeamPure".

Reactions: Bob_B