Ipad 3g Jailbreak no signal bar problem... 4.3.3

ronclone

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi, i'm new here... thanks for all of the info... i managed to 4.3.3 jailbreak my ipad 3g recently with the stickyed snowbreeze video tutorial with no problem at all... apart for a little worse battery life, everything its working good atm. but i have one problem:

Mi signal strength bar its almost always at zero, sometimes it's "searching", and sometimes it says "no connection". Now the funny thing is, it shows the E or 3G, and it DOES HAVE connection, i can surf the web and whatever...

I understand there is a similar problem with iphones working with old basebands, but mine's 07.11.01 (the latest one). I know there's a fix for that (ultrasn0w), but isn't ultrasn0w only compatible with iphones?

I couldn't find anythig at all about this problem in an ipad, any help will be appreciated.

BTW: I already did "reset network settings"

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I would say reload with Official firmware and see if things change. Then you'll know for sure the hardware is fine. Then if that is the case redo the JB and restore from backup. Then see if it has the problem again.

ronclone

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Well thanks i will do that.. But wouldn't the fact that i DO have 3g connectivity rule out a hardware malfunction. I realize now that its not a common problem with ipads, so i may as well try that...

ronclone

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Well, so i restored To stock 4.3.3, and the same problem. Restored from backup, JB with redsn0w... And no bars... Plus i have unreliable 3g connection, gps its a little iffi as well. I'm starting to think this is a hw problem... damm it!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Does it have warranty? if so take it in to Apple and get it swapped out. The first iPad I had would crash intermittently whenever I was in something that was accessing the web email, Safari, Twitter. So I took it in to the Genius Bar and they said it was a problem with the modem and they replaced it.

ronclone

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Well, i'm not from the US and i bought it there online... I think i,m screwed, but not that bad. For the most part, i do have 3g connectivity, and gps it's not the worst thing to live without...
Now if i could find a true ms office suite... I refuse to pay 10$ 15$ or even 20$ (pages & numbers) just to test if they're good enough... MS step up please!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2