iphone 4 downgrade to 4.2.6 help plz

jbad77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
i have a iphine 4 and running 4.2.7 (yeah clicked the wrong button) i have read a few post about downgrading back to 4.2.6, i have download the 4.2.6 ios and tinyumbrealla, tinyumbrella shows me that i have 4.2.6 and 4.2.7 shsh available, when i go into itunes and shift+restore and browse to the 4.2.6 firmware folder there isnt a ipsw to click on to start the restore, am i doing something wrong or what do i need to do to make this happen, tnx for any help

koltinb12

May 5, 2011
Visit site
iPhone 4 running 4.2.8

make sure the the file you downloaded ends in .ipsw. If it says .zip of something else, just rename it and it should show up

does this work on 4.2.8? because i tried this when i had it on 4.2.7 and ended up haveing to bring it to verizon to have them restore it. i keep getting a "Coundnot restore youe iPhone error code (21)" please help.

Last edited:

koltinb12

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Same problem

I did all that also and i still cant due to some server error and i used Tiniumbrella and saved the SHSH and for some reason im on 4.2.8 (8E401) and i tried this when it was on .7 also and didnt work. on .7 i couldnt get it o restore iin iTunes so i had to take it to Verizon to get it fixed this .8. Any suggestions? ive tried Greenpois0n and redsn0w and sn0wbreeze with no luck. and when i download the version .6 it keeps saying its for the iPhone 3 and not iPhone 4.