Jailbreak try #2 - quick question

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Jailbreak try #2 - HELP

Ok so I have iphone 3gs on AT&T. I tried jailbroke my phone once (for 4.3.1), following the tutorial on iClarified, and when I finished the jailbreak I couldn't get any service. Being that I needed my phone that day, I reloaded apple's OS. That day happened to be the day 4.3.2 came out.

So now that the untethered JB for 4.3.2 is out, I'm going to try again. What could have caused me to lose service and what can I do to prevent this from happening again?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

sucram6791#IM

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
there was a problem with redsn0w and the service. pwnagetool didnt have that problem, just so you know. as far as i know 4.3.2 does not have that problem so you should be good

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Honestly if it was me since 4.3.2 is relatively new and the untethered JB is even newer I'd give it 2 or 3 days so early adopters will find any potential problems. Then you can do the upgrade once things have settled down. Let us know how it works out?

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Honestly if it was me since 4.3.2 is relatively new and the untethered JB is even newer I'd give it 2 or 3 days so early adopters will find any potential problems. Then you can do the upgrade once things have settled down. Let us know how it works out?

Ha that would be wise... I dunno haha I am pretty pumped to JB my phone. I think I'm gonna do it later today. Don't worry, when my phone blows up I'll be sure to let everyone here know haha.

uberspeed

Jan 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
BLAHHHHH same problem as last time. No service! Why would this be? I followed this tutorial exactly:

iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3GS Using RedSn0w (Windows) [4.3.2]

The only thing I did differently was I didn't load any of the custom bootlogos.

GRRRRR :mad: why can't I get service? I can connect on WiFi.

PLEASE HELP!

In the past I've tried the Reset on the Network and although it seemed silly it worked.
Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings
Reboot.

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
In the past I've tried the Reset on the Network and although it seemed silly it worked.
Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings
Reboot.

Gaahhh didn't work... Thanks anyways.

I've been googling non-stop for the past hour or so. Saw some things saying something to the effect of "you need to open pwnage and uncheck activate b/c the phone is already activated." Does anyone know what this means? The only way I can open pwnage is through itunes when I restore my iphone, but there's no interface, no checkboxes anywhere.

Should I be checking "deactivate" in redsn0w (step 8 in the tutorial)?

Do I need to do something to activate the phone afterwards?

ughhhh so frustratedddddd... as usual all help is appreciated.

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Success.

Managed to successfully JB the iphone. I have bars and I have Cydia working.

For those of you who are interested, this time, I chose to check "deactivate" in step 8 of the iClarified tutorials (iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3GS Using RedSn0w (Windows) [4.3.2]). I'm no computer/phone genius, but it seems to me that after the JB you have to "activate" phone. I guess this cannot be done unless it is first "deactivated." That's my theory at least.

Now it's time to catch some z's as my entire music library is put back on my phone.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm glad you got it sorted out and I wish I would have caught this sooner. The term is referring to hacktivation. If your phone is being used on the carrier it is locked to, you're not going to unlock it, then you don't need to have activate checked. If you had an AT&T phone you were trying to run on T-Mo then you would need Activate checked so that the phone would recognzie the SIM after the JB process. So yes you didn't need the option, which you've found out.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2