Will there be an unlock for iOS 4.3 or later?

jaguar11

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
My iPhone 4 is currently jailbroken and unlockable on 4.0.1 and I have not updated to any of the latest softwares because as we are approaching the summer I would like to sell my iPhone unlocked to provide funds for buying the next iphone out there. Now I am tempted to update to the latest software but I don't want to risk not being able to unlock. Does anyone have any idea about a possible unlock or if an unlock would even be possible? Thanks

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Possible unlock is base on the baseband and not firmware. Although, normally updating the firmware also updates the baseband. Thus, if you want to update the firmware and keep your current baseband, you would restore with a custom firmware. So, for example, if you want to go to 4.2.1 & keep 1.59 baseband, you would use to 4.2.1 custom firmware file. And, once JB comes out for 4.3 and Pwnagetool gets update to create the custom firmware file for it, you wouse then use that 4.3 custom firmware file.

David R#IM

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
You could update to iOS 4.3 on iPhone 4 without updating the baseband along with jailbreaking it using PwnageTool 4.2 on Mac and Sn0wbreeze 2.3 on Windows (tethered jailbreak only). But Ultrasn0w is broken on iOS 4.3. But it will be fixed soon i hope.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77