Can't exit Safe Mode and keeps crashing

o2sys

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I have an Iphone 4 jailbroken and though it has crashed several times it was ok after a respring.

Researched little bit and found out the 5 dock app was causing lots of people to crash their iphone 4 so i went ahead and deleted it along with AT&T Carrier logo and a sound theme that I had.

But today all of sudden I wake up in the morning and the phone crashes. No matter after how many restarts it keeps going into safe mode.

Couple jailbreak packages i have are Installous, Rock, SBSstetting, and Activator. I don't have any of the apps that are not compatible in the spreadsheet list so don't know what really causing this problem.

Anyone else have a similar issue?

Last edited:

white573

Sep 7, 2009
Visit site
In sb settings U can turn off apps,tweaks and such things I have had the same problems before and just had to narrow it down to the problem until whatever it is and they update it to fix the problem

longshadows

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I have the same problem, but have deleted all of the Cydia apps I added after j/b (including the 5 icon dock) and the iPhone still crashes/running in Safe Mode for several days.

No Rock on this phone at all... only Cydia.

I'm consider restoring.

Thanks,

Michael
iPhone 3Gs/4.0.1

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
No problems here with Five Icon Dock added via Cydia.

Other JB apps installed are: Activator, biteSMS, Notifier, PDF Patch, Remove Background SBToggle, and SBSettings. My one Safe Mode crash happened with an early, non-iOS4 compatible version of iRealSMS. Since then, everything has been great with the iPhone 4 JB.

theringer

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problem, but have deleted all of the Cydia apps I added after j/b (including the 5 icon dock) and the iPhone still crashes/running in Safe Mode for several days.

No Rock on this phone at all... only Cydia.

I'm consider restoring.

Thanks,

Michael
iPhone 3Gs/4.0.1

if you have your shsh saved i would just restore it (to 4.0.1) and setup as new and not restore a backup of the data

white573

Sep 7, 2009
Visit site
It shouldn't b rock causing the problems but if you go to rock/manage extensions you can turn off your apps that might be causing spring board failure

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Cydia and Rock don't like each other very well. Delete Rock and leave it off. When installed they sort- a have an internal battle as to who is going to manage. Also I would uninstall installous and stay away from it. It has been known to create issues also... BUT... it's your call...

theringer

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Cydia and Rock don't like each other very well. Delete Rock and leave it off. When installed they sort- a have an internal battle as to who is going to manage.

Never an issue here. Kinda need rock for the licensing on some apps also. Its not hard to do updates in cydia and only do updates in rock to the apps that need it, ie:My3g

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
theringer, your right... I found that Rock and Cydia clash over SBSettings and a few other apps. If you download an app through Rock... update through rock. Same with Cydia... If done by the other... Issues... That's what I've found... For me decided to "TOTALLY" clean Rock off iphone and use Cydia... There were some things I liked Rock over Cydia for but I figured Cydia was intigrated in with JB and Rock was an "option". Since I've had NO Major issues... I guess its a choice of preference.

PinkBanana

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
I've had the same problems with rock and cydia. kept crashing and going into safe mode. so i just deleted rock and use cydia now. not hada singl problem since.

bigbud7

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Well u have to start delete and installing again ur apps till u find whats causing the prob no other way to get out of it...u might have also abit luck cause someitmes when on safe mode u will be shown whats the app causing the prob

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2