Jailbreak iPhone 4 running 4.0.2?!

vintagetonez

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Can someone tell me if it?s still possible to jailbreak iPhone 4 running 4.0.2?! I know we can?t with the jailbreakme website but want to know if there?s another way.

Vendettx#IM

Dec 21, 2008
Visit site
looks like apple still approving 4.0.1 i just downloaded the OS and installed it via itunes on a friends iphone today and it verified and installed fine.

so download the OS, open itunes, DFU and install the OS.

than jailbreak, pdf patch via cydia. done

there is absolutely no reason to have 4.0.2.

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
On a Windows machine, hold the shift key while you click on restore in iTunes. This will let you select an IPSW file to use for the restore. Of course you'll first need to download the 4.0.1 IPSW for your phone (Google will help you find one).

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
From what I read on macrumors, looks like Apple now stopped signing = allowing you to install 4.0.1 firmware. So, only way to install a earlier firmware, before 4.0.2, is to use your saved SHSH to downgrade. If you don't know how google: SHSH + downgrade.

Mhudson42484

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately they sent out the patch 2 days after I got the phone and I never a chance to back up the SHSH. Oh well guess I'm stuck waiting for the next jailbreak.

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
They wont jailbreak 4.0.2. You will have to wait until 4.1 at the very earliest.

They will not jailbreak "jb fix" releases of firmware because they believe it only benefits Apple to play that much of a cat and mouse game...

TampaDude

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded a copy of the 4.0.1 IPSW from Apple and stashed it on my HD so I have a clean copy just in case. Verified file size and SHA1 hash, so I know it's good. My SHSH blobs are saved with Cydia. You never know, right? ;)

peterish

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I just bought a 3GS hoping to jailbreak/unlock, then just pop in my current TMobile SIM card. The phone is running 4.0.2 and apparently there's no jb/ul released yet? I tried downgrading but it's just not working (error 3194).

1- should I sit tight and wait for jb/ul 4.0.2 ?

2- will I be able to ub/ul without a SIM card or using my Tmobile SIM?

theringer

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I just bought a 3GS hoping to jailbreak/unlock, then just pop in my current TMobile SIM card. The phone is running 4.0.2 and apparently there's no jb/ul released yet? I tried downgrading but it's just not working (error 3194).

1- should I sit tight and wait for jb/ul 4.0.2 ?

2- will I be able to ub/ul without a SIM card or using my Tmobile SIM?

1 you have no choice but to wait

2 depends on the next jailbreak tool released if it does hacktivation

peterish

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
1 you have no choice but to wait

2 depends on the next jailbreak tool released if it does hacktivation

So if the next release does hactivation then I'm good to go? And if not, can I insert a friend's ATT Sim card and still jb/ul?

Also, I know it's all guessing but about how long until the 4.0.2 jb/ul release? Are we talking 1 week, 1 month, longer? Thanks!

theringer

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
So if the next release does hactivation then I'm good to go? And if not, can I insert a friend's ATT Sim card and still jb/ul?

Also, I know it's all guessing but about how long until the 4.0.2 jb/ul release? Are we talking 1 week, 1 month, longer? Thanks!

There will not be one for 4.0.2 as been previouslt said here and in other threads so many times.

Yes to the friends att sim part

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77